Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Navigation software expert Kenwood DNX9240BT bricked; is there a solution?
    Kenwood DNX9240BT bricked; is there a solution?Kenwood DNX9240BT bricked; is there a solution?Kenwood DNX9240BT bricked; is there a solution?

I try to update this unit but i have problem.

I update Radio FW and work.

Cant update bluetooth FW,PC recognize kenwood but when i run kenwood updater tool then is writen no device connected.

I update Garmin AVN5 to FW 3.50 but no custom POI and only English voice.
    I cant change text becouse text button missing in tools.

Clear nonvol and no option to select country.

Anybody know how to enable this function?

2.    Advertissements

Quote Originally Posted by GvS View Post
    Hi there,
    I am from Holland and have a serious problem with my Kenwood DNX9240BT with Garmin navi inside. In the process of replacing the original map something went wrong. I deleted the gmapprom.img because otherwise there was no space for the new map. While copying the new (hacked) Map the unit froze. I had to reset the unit by pressing the reset button. After that the navigation won't boot. The radio functions are ok but when I access the navigation only the text 'Navigation' appears and nothing else.
    I looks like the navigationsoftware won't load. The software freezes during the load process. I only see the Garmin startup logo.

During the boot process the unit is shortly recognized by f.i. Webupdater. After a few seconds when the Garmin bootscreen is there, the communication gets lost again.

Who knows a way to access the unit again an to recover it. I trid updating the firmware using a SD card and a CD; sadly not recognized. I also tried several keycombinations while booting. I can enter the test-mode (FNC+ATT+reset) and the change splashcreen (FNC+VOLDOWN+reset). I tried also holding the screen at different places but no change.

Garmin support (repaircenter) says the Naviboard has to be replaced; there is no software cure.

I suppose the original firmware has been loaded during manufacturing before there was any software on the flash. I think there must be a way.

Who has an idea? Any help is very appreciated.
    I had a problem like you.
    How do you solve this problem or not (kenwood dnx7360)
    Thank you.

I'm not good at English.

rdalcroft

Hello
    I have the exact same problem on the DNX9260bt did you solve your problem, if so what did you have to do. I have opened the whole unit up to see if it has an internal sd card, but it seams the internal flash is actually on the nav board itself. Did you end up needing to get a whole new Nav boasd???

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    I update Garmin AVN5 to FW 3.50 but no custom POI and only English voice.
    I cant change text becouse text button missing in tools.
    Anybody know how to enable this function?
    You need to use webupdater to load \text and \voices folders on your AVN
    After update you will see languages

Hi
    I'm next who have the same issue...
    Did somebody fix it?

Navigation software expert Kenwood DNX9240BT bricked; is there a solution?
    Kenwood DNX9240BT bricked; is there a solution?Kenwood DNX9240BT bricked; is there a solution?Kenwood DNX9240BT bricked; is there a solution?

Turn off kenwood
    connect Pc and kenwood
    turn on kenwood
    turn on navigation and set to mass storage

p.s.
    For text and voice i found solution but i forget to write here.
    For Voice you must change name of your voice with name in kenwood voice folder that you will not use ( ex. If you don't need Greek voice you change name Slovenia.vpm to Greek.vpm and add in voice folder )
    Then go to Radio settings ( NOT Garmin settings ) and turn off TTS and you can set text and voice for your country.
    Last edited by lolypop000; 24th September 2013 at 10:15 AM.
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]