Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Important User Dead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload files
    Dead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload files

Thumbs down Dead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload files

We know many links are dead now and it isnt possible to renew them at the moment, so be patient.
    They will be replaced , if it will be and as soon as possible.

MegaUpload - Closed.
    FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.
    FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..
    UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..
    FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).
    VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.
    Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.
    FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)
    Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.
    4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.
    MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
    Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"
    Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.
    Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOPA / PIPA
    ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOPA / PIPA
    These are some examples

So please stop posting links are dead
    thanks
    Last edited by Ballebar; 31st January 2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Created a sticky with this info. Guessing that very few will read it as usual but it's better to try to be informative.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

Dead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload filesDead links and file host problems - a new tool to upload files

To upload files you can try this tool

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Can upload on different servers and it works with proxi too

wzLwQ

servers locations list
    source
    Code:
    Code:
    surf anonymously

Code:
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks catymag. As I posted a few months back, Fileserve is terribly unreliable for premium users, no support whatsoever and like you have posted, they're closing down. I would not recommend anyone buy a premium membership from them even if and when it comes available. It seems Wupload is the filesharing service of choice for now besides P2P but I hesitate to buy a premium membership from them not only because the speeds may be low due to congestion from everyone flocking to them, but they might go at any time. Can we use this thread or another one to report on the speeds and/or which sites are suitable options for those willing to buy a premium filesharing service?

If you upload with a personal account you will be traceable, better to upload anonymously and by proxi.
    Torrent too arent safer too for users, that's why I suggested the above tool.... at least for now.
    To download use jdownloader: always under proxi,naturally- Safety is more important than speed
    l9ebnsm

new Download File & Image Uploader 5.x (6.1.6) available
    Code:
    new independent core
    has speed limiter
    better proxy support (SOCKS, HTTP)
    allows to bind to adapter/IP
    works in Linux in Wine
    alternative download location #1: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    alternative download location #2: File & Image Uploader at BrotherSoft
    Download skinsjust decompress inside the folder with .exe
    DLL's necessary for some hostsSSL libraries to connect to HTTPS secured sites
    just decompress inside the folder with .exe
    necessary for uploadjockey.com, youtube.com, ifile.it, turboshare.com

believe me it's great
    l9ebnsm

A good anonymous server
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    free anonymous file storage, any file, any size, no expiring, direct access.
    See

smallIcon reasonably small

edit : actually the site doesnt allow to upload files more than 20 mb
    l9ebnsm

Default Alternative site for upload

Last edited by catymag; 28th February 2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: moved to the already existing thread

I will try to explain a bit my thoughts when i read in threads downloads are slow.
    No offence please.
    Some weeks ago when the FBI closed Megaupload and consequently many host sites deleted all their links, we realized to had a bunch of threads with sad invalid links.
    Many hosts changed their rules, so to upload files on their server should register and validate an email adress and IP.
    Naturally none of our uploaders want to be traceable.
    There are some workarounds but as you can guess ,uploads by proxi ,or other ways, are slow.
    There are other problems : most of the hosts actually delete links made by anonymous users after 30 days.
    Most of the hosts took advantage to give ,registered and premium users only, the possibility to download file quickly.
    Most of the hosts dont accept uploads made by proxi.Most of the hosts scan files and delete quite at once copyrighted files.
    So my question is : Better a slow download or no map to download and broken links in threads in our forum index?
    So please be patient and try to appreciate our members efforts providing new maps and other maps threads links in this and in other forums.
    I cant see many of these users and they're always the same ones ,many others just download and complains.
    Last edited by catymag; 9th March 2012 at 12:02 AM. Reason: moved from http://www.gpspower.net/garmin-maps/252636-garmin-gb-discoverer-50k-v3-regional.html
    l9ebnsm

At the risk of getting my post trashed because it is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], I like to thank you Catymag for taking the time and effort to give such a detailed explanation of the situation. I had no idea about the extent of the consequences the close-down of the recent FBI action on Megaupload had on the community. And with me, probably many others as well. Your post above makes it clear and it is now much easier to understand why downloads are not as trouble-free anymore as we were used to. Thank you!

Just a suggestion: maybe a link to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (click link) in the first post of each new map thread would be an idea.

Thanks for the explanation catymag. I particularly understand posters desires to find a solution that allows them remain anonymous!

I would certainly take this opportunity to thank all the posters who do a great job. I don't really think that people have been complaining unduly but if we give no feedback then posters aren't going to know which sites work and which don't.

I am an experienced downloader (and have contributed too). For me (and others), netload just does not work. I have tried all the links multiple times since they were posted all with the same results - a download that starts then stops after a couple of kb. Filefactory has been much better but requires a lot of patience and retries to get a free slot. I would consider a paid account but use them so infrequently and every poster seems to have a different preference.

I always think it is a great shame that using newsgroups has gone slightly out of fashion as they offer fault free downloading (although there is a learning curve to overcome to use them) and, (in my limited understanding), pretty anonymous posting.