Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011

Here are all the safety cams from the members section of GPS Data Team ... compiled 1st December 2011... This file includes spoken alerts (MP3).

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

How do I go about installing these on a Garmin-Asus A10?

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011
    Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011

Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    Not absolutely sure but i think A10/A50 have the same file structure as a 1xxx series Nuvi, in which case you need to create a folder named "POI" (without quotes) in the root and then copy the extracted "AUSCAMS 1-Dec-11.gpi" file into it. If that doesn't work, try putting the Poi folder in the Garmin folder. Try this with sd card as well. Reporting back success or otherwise might be helpful to others.

Edit: I see you made a similar post about 20 mins later in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. A lot of replies there as of now so you should now have your answer which it seems is to create the POI folder in the phone root (Phone-Storage/POI), or alternatively in the Garmin folder of the SD card. Best not to have more than one help request on the go at the same time .
    Last edited by Neil; 19th December 2011 at 03:17 AM.

Cheers for the update,

some useful info there, particularly about the GarminDevice.xml.

Out of interest, does this this update contain all cameras, or just those added in december? I'm in a pretty rural spot, with currently only a few cameras and haven't actually been past one since I've loaded the gpi.

Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011

...... Out of interest, does this this update contain all cameras, or just those added in december? I'm in a pretty rural spot, with currently only a few cameras and haven't actually been past one since I've loaded the gpi.
    I think it's this "members' only" file from gps-data: Australian Fixed Cameras. Described as "All in one - All Australian speed, red light, variable, bus lane and other safety camera locations in a single file....", so is not just an update. Unfortunately i don't think you can simuate a route with your A10.

There is a folder on the Garmin Asus A50 POI[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Member + Australian Safety Cameras 1st December 2011

Has anyone compared the information in the GPS Data Team version with what is available in the Oz Cyclops version here?:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I've never gone to the trouble to compare. Just load both files into your POI folder, as long as the .gpi names are different you can have as many as you like covering the same map. Unlike having overlapping maps, this won't cause any problems usually. You just receive duplicated warnings and 2 icons if they have the camera location at slightly different coordinates. Better 2 warnings than none i think.

panorama

GPS data team, It's a wonder your still a member........ worst mob ever

Can't speak for Cagey & any others, but why wouldn't anyone still be a GPS-data Team member? You pay $20 and that's it for ever.... can't say it's the absolutely worst 20 bucks i've ever spent but it was a long time before i discovered Noeman which offered a lot more and for nothing, nada, zilch, zip.. if you want, that is. But that's why i chucked in 15 euros donation, about $20 at the time and well worth it for what we get from here. Don't see an awful lot of VIP members though. If you reckon you wasted $20 on gps-data membership, you should be happy to tip in at least the same here at Noeman.... ummm?