Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Important User GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices
    GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices

working in Windows 8 too

t645xf
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert

Great tool kunix!

mattb5906

Thanks for the great tool. Works with my nüvi 760

Navigation software expert GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices
    GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices

Work also on nuvi 250.

Alexander2010

Please write HWIDs. Nuvi 250 - 3 different devices.

Navigation software expert GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices
    GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devicesGarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices

Nuvi 250 HWID 834

Yesterday, my 1490 froze while navigating. Tried to reboot by pressing on/off button for a couple of seconds, unit partially booted and froze at the garmin logo screen. Back home, I tried to connect it to my computer, nuvi did not show up as a removable drive anymore.
    Flashed cure firmware with GarminCure3 tool, unit went into mass storage mode ok. Found a number of corrupted files. Deleted corrupted files, made backup of all other files, reformatted nuvi with FAT32 and restored content.
    Flashed original firmware with GarminCure3 tool - all problems gone.
    Thanks very much, kunix!

fdiaconu

Hi Kunix,
    I have a Nuvi 1390 and I'm trying use GarminCure3 to restore software on it (it starts with whitescreen, goes to Garmi logo for a few seconds, turns display off and back to Garmin screen and so on). I tried GarminCure3 with different firmware versions: nuvi13xxand14xxseries_GCDFile__570.gcd, nuvi13xxand14xxseries_GCDFile__580.gcd and nuvi13xxand14xxseries_regionfileonly__410.gcd.
    I load one of these files into GC3, select CURE and it creates say 097201000570.rgn file, than I start updater.
    I put GPS in load mode with a piece of rubber pressing on screen left top corner, hold in place by a clip and turn Nuvi on. It starts with a blank white screen. Updater finds Nuvi on USB port and starts 3 stages of update.
    First phase is short (2 -3 seconds ) after which Nuvi screen changes to Garmin logo with "Missing software " message.
    If I leave it, Updater gives an error message. I depress Nuvi Power button and it goes back to white screen. Updater continues through two longer erase and update processes and finishes with pop up window "The update was successful"
    After this I have the same restarting Nuvi.
    If I try run Garmin Webupdater it gives a message that update file is corrupted.
    I can see Garmin Device in Windows (XP SP3) Device Manager while screen is blank and it dissapears from Device Manager when Nuvi goes to Garmin screen. I could never see Nuvi drive/folders in My Computer during these processes.
    Please help me, let me know what I'm doing wrong and what exact steps I should follow.
    Thanks a lot,
    Florin

I have the same problem as fdiaconu above with 1490......waiting also...

GPSPower Helper GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices
    GarminCure3 tool - the new way to create cure firmwares for Garmin devices

The Cure is only designed to make you see the internal flash drive. The Cure is not bootable.
    Once you have used the cure to access the internal flash drive you need to remove the corrupt file or files or format your internal drive as needed. Always delete or rename GUPDATE.GDC from the device (This is not optional).
    (What did you do just before the nuvi bricked, did you load a Map ?, Did you load a voice ?).
    Next step is to use the cure program to make Original Firmware (Look at picture in first post on this page).
    Next flash the original firmware. To get your nuvi into pre-boot mode you dont need clips or rubbers or anything like that.
    Switch the nuvi OFF, Hold Your finger on the screen top left , Plug in the usb cable. (Power switch not needed)

You can also try to flash your logo.bin
    Read this thread.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by dasilvarsa; 17th February 2012 at 07:47 AM.