Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Flash in the "preboot mode" first with original 5.40, load.. and next reboot do a hard reset, then through the Garmin WebUpdater, he will offer 5.70 (normal mode=only connect with USB).

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Use WebUpdater
    Last edited by rik70; 2nd December 2011 at 04:41 PM.

2.    Advertissements

I successfully recovered it from 5.7 back to 5.4 after delete the GCD file in system folder in the device. But it still can't recognize the map. Now, the device looks well for everyting except the maps issue. I tried to creat a unl file containing code generated by Garmin Unlock Generator 1.5 or unlock the img directly with GarminUnlockerAlternativev6.02 but failed. Before that, both methods worked well. Does anyone have any ideas for it?

Quote Originally Posted by robin99586 View Post
    after delete the GCD file in system folder in the device.
    This is basic !!!!!

For unlock use Fast unlocker

Kanopus

But it still can't recognize the map.
    Look inside \Garmin\GarminDevice.xml for ID of your nuvi, should be in a tag like <Id>4294967295</Id>
    If your ID is like the one I have written, then it means that region 34 of your nuvi is damaged. Probably it can be restored, see [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I found the fast img unlocker but it still doesnt' work. I downloaded a unlocked img and copied it into device but it couldn't work. Then, I used fast img unlocker to unlock the map, it still could not work.

To Kanopus: I can't understand how to fix it even you give me the link because of the shortage of my software knowledge.
    I uploaded the garmindevice.xml files, one the the backup file from unflashed device, and the other is the file from the device now. could you check it for me? Thank you
    Last edited by catymag; 2nd December 2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: links removed-not safe to post in public forum

voyager56

I found the fast img unlocker but it still doesnt' work. I downloaded a unlocked img and copied it into device but it couldn't work. Then, I used fast img unlocker to unlock the map, it still could not work.

To Kanopus: I can't understand how to fix it even you give me the link because of the shortage of my software knowledge.
    I uploaded the garmindevice.xml files, one the the backup file from unflashed device, and the other is the file from the device now. could you check it for me? Thank you

Avoid sharing garmindevice.xml from your unit, because it has some specific information from your device (like UnitID).

To voyager56: Thank you for your kind remind.
    But I really don't know somebody can use it for bad purposes?

Try this procedure and to make one map (eg, your country), which entered into Garmin and try.

PS: according to XML file, some maps can not see. Try the look is exactly what the apartment.
    You got a lot of zip files has not expanded,and even give hardreset through WebUpdater install updates.

Read:
    Last edited by rik70; 2nd December 2011 at 06:31 PM.

I tried at least three methods to unlocked the map: Garmin Unlock Generator 1.5, Fast IMG Unlocker 2.1 and Garmin Unlocker Alternative v6.02. All of them failed.

What do you mean for "Try the look is exactly what the apartment. You got a lot of zip files has not expanded,and even give hardreset through WebUpdater install updates."?

Navigation software expert How to cure 13xx into 1300?
    How to cure 13xx into 1300?How to cure 13xx into 1300?How to cure 13xx into 1300?

@robin99586

Do you repair your nuvi?