Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Copy POI files to Garmin

If I have the .gpi POI files can I just copy them tomy device or must I use the POI installer to do so

2.    Advertissements

Important User Copy POI files to Garmin
    Copy POI files to GarminCopy POI files to GarminCopy POI files to GarminCopy POI files to GarminCopy POI files to GarminCopy POI files to GarminCopy POI files to Garmin

you can copy them directly in POI folder
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Am also having problems getting the POI files to work.

After downloading the .gpi POI file for UK safety cameras (from the thread on cyclops on this forum), and copying it to the POI folder on a Nuvi 205w, the device doesn't appear to recognise it.

When pressing Where to>Extras> on the Nuvi, a screen comes up saying 'no data found'.

Just to clarify the above post....

From the Cyclops file in the first post, I extracted the two files named:

safety_camera_uk.gpi and
    safety_camera_uk.unl

Then used the serial number from the Nuvi with the unlock generator, plus the four numbers inside the .unl file in the 'custom map' section, to generate an unlock number. Pasted this number into the .unl file and saved it.

Now copied the two files (.gpi and .unl) to the POI folder on the Nuvi.

However, Nuvi 205w does not appear to load the safety camera information. When pressing Where to>Extras> on the Nuvi, it says no extras are loaded.

Am wondering if the POI installer is needed to make this work?

Russia, somewhere among the Southern Ural mountains

wavyc
    Of course you see nothing there. Are you sure want to make a route to some safety cameras? For what purpose?
    You can to see and hear this POI only during driving or simulation of driving.
    In menu "Extras" you can to see other POI (shops, clubs, hotels ect) and make a route to him.
    Last edited by pitruchio; 20th May 2011 at 12:35 PM.

Hi pitruchio

Okay, perhaps I'm not explaining correctly....

During normal driving, my Nuvi 205 made a sound and showed an alert when approaching a safety camera on the road.

When I connected the Nuvi to my pc and looked in the folder POI, there was a file called sample_cyclops.gdi (which I assume contained the positions of safety cameras). I backed up this file to my computer and replaced it with the newer gdi and unl files as explained in my previous post.

Now there is no warning when approaching a safety camera.

In the menu 'Extras' it says there are no extras loaded (although there are other poi such as shops, hotels, etc available in the menu item 'Where To > Points of Interest'. I assume this information is taken directly from the map (rather than anything in the POI folder).

I am assuming the cyclops gdi files, which I've placed in the POI folder after following the included guide, are supposed to enable the safety camera warnings when driving. But they are not doing this - there is no warning when approaching a safety camera.

Hope this helps to explain.....

Russia, somewhere among the Southern Ural mountains

Now correctly.
    1. gpi or gdi file you save into POI folder?
    2. It seems that you don't unlock gpi file. Try again.
    P.S.: after a generation unlock code you've to write its into unl file with overwriting all data inside file (delete Family ID: 900, Product ID: 9, Region ID: 7, Vendor ID: 59). Sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by pitruchio; 20th May 2011 at 03:59 PM.

Hi pitruchio

Thanks for your reply.

I have used the unlocker again and made a new .unl file. I guess its possible I might have made a mistake when entering some of the numbers the first time.

There is still nothing showing in the 'Where To > Points of Interest' menu item, but after reading some other posts on the forum now I think its normal (it seems safety cameras don't show here).

Will try it next time I am driving past a speed camera and see if this works better.

Thanks again for your help....

I have a nuvi 3790T, and the copy in the folder browser POI pairs *.gpi files and *.unl in "Cyclops Safety Camera" with its corresponding unlock codes obtained as described in the installation instructions, I get different results. In some cases recognize no problem appearing in "About" and functioning properly, in other cases shown in the "About" but with the tagline "Copy" and seem to function properly and in other cases seems not to recognize or work because not even appear on "About".

Thank you very much.

Greetings

Navigation software expert Copy POI files to Garmin
    Copy POI files to GarminCopy POI files to GarminCopy POI files to Garmin

Nuvi 3790T have a little bug. When quite a few of Cyclops loading in device then not all of them appear on "About" but all of them work!