Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I suppose others who follow this thread would like to know, so this is not spam

The single image version works fine for the "splash", and is replaceable via the "display" menu. The problem is that after the splash, when the copyright info and "load maps" message are displayed, the background becomes what I think a garbled version of the splash (this is verified when I replaced the slash with another picture) -- the effect seems being that the dimensions used for the display are incorrect.

The double image (in which the second one is a flipped version of the first one) version also works as splash, but cannot be replaced (unit hangs if trying to replace), and the "load maps" display has a mostly dark background (but at the right angle one can see that is a hint of a garbled splash).

I'll try to take the screenshot, but they are really just like what I described plain and simple.
    Last edited by snehne; 18th April 2011 at 06:02 PM.

2.    Advertissements

Important User (Nuvi 660) Is it possible to convert OEM FW to regular one?
    (Nuvi 660) Is it possible to convert OEM FW to regular one?(Nuvi 660) Is it possible to convert OEM FW to regular one?(Nuvi 660) Is it possible to convert OEM FW to regular one?(Nuvi 660) Is it possible to convert OEM FW to regular one?(Nuvi 660) Is it possible to convert OEM FW to regular one?(Nuvi 660) Is it possible to convert OEM FW to regular one?(Nuvi 660) Is it possible to convert OEM FW to regular one?

no spam , this is a forum, it's interesting to follow users discussions.
    go on please
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Some (final) update --

I was suspecting that maybe I should have a smaller second image, so I made another logo file with the first 480x272 but the second 480x212. This time nothing got displayed at all (splash is just black; pc-connect screen is blank).

I also re-tried the 2-image version with two very different images, and was able to confirm that the (barely visible) garbled pc-connect screen is indeed some sort of distorted version of the first image. Another thing I found is that the number of padding bytes at the end does not seem to matter (the overall size does not have to be multiples of 1024).

At this moment, I strongly feel that the logo file of the 660 uses a single 480x272 splash image, but somewhere in the logo data there is a parameter specifying how the USB screen should be derived from the splash -- that is what I am missing.

I will stop experimenting further as there is no usable reference data and this now becomes random/blind trials. I am mostly satisfied with what I got -- I removed the annoying DTG logo, and the pc-connect screen is tolerable.

Thank to everyone who helped. You guys are great.

Happy navigating!

Sean

Master

Will you try this one:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    Will you try this one:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wow....I think That one is it........Everything seems to work so far......as far as boot and change splash.....will check all other functions shortly...

(Did a checksum on it first as rgn tool had a problem with it as it was)

UPDATE......as far as I can tell....all functions of the 660 work properly.....It shows fail on the system info for the logo....but is seems to work fine
    Last edited by TCIII; 24th April 2011 at 12:41 AM.

turboccc

TCIII,

ddabcd277's file replaces only the first logo. This is not a multiple logo file. snehne is trying to replace the second one, right?

This file fixed all logo problems......660 must use 1 logo I guess
    Last edited by TCIII; 24th April 2011 at 05:19 AM.

turboccc

It is very possible. Thanks for the info. Maybe I`ll try it on my 760 someday.

@ddabcd277 -- I can also confirm that your file works perfectly (despite the "error" in sysinfo. I suspect there is some checksum bit elsewhere that was based on the original splash and is not being updated).

So is the only difference that c0 byte (where I had d0)? what is it for and how did you figure it out?

I am impressed ...

Thanks!

Sean

@Turbo -- I think 660 only uses one image, because even with the 2-image logo the second one did not seem to be used. Also note that the omission of the 12 bytes starting at 0x10.