Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Member +

hi Catymag,

yet again, it is now getting detected. all well this side. Have made a back up of the entire internal memory.
    Thanks a lot for all your replies and help.

Not sure, how long it would continue to work fine.

Will b in touch for sure.

thanks

2.    Advertissements

Important User

another suggestion, try another usb cable
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member +

tried not one, three diff usb cables. I am convinced, it is not usb cable or port. In Zumo modification page, it says, while running diagnostic mode, plug in the usb cable and then it will ask to install some more usb drivers, accept it and then it works like a gps reciever. I am just wondering, if sumthing like that happened?

For sure, the problem is not cable or usb port.

lets see.

Thanks again Catymag.

Member +

HI Catymag,

Back to square A. Now, it wont detect. I am not too concerned as it works fine as a navigator. But I would be keen to know of any solution that works for anyone with a similar complaint.

Regards

Important User

Have you tried on another pc ? I rebump this thread, may be someone else can have a good idea
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Master

Yes, better first try catymag suggestion. Seems like a software problem rather than hardware. Haven't heard of a burned "USB Connector" after a firmware update. Unfortunately, you can see that you are not the first one who has problems with the latest firmware version 4.90. Maybe again Garmin has messed up something. (think they have big problems with their software department) Didn't you try reverting to older version?

Seems very strange that myDashboard recognized your unit accidentally and even updated it (copy files to its internal memory!) if by your words the unit "undoubtedly" can't enter in Mass Storage mode. Very strange. The reason is that Mapsource, WebUpdater, myDashboard etc. recognize units through the file GarminDevice.xml which is located in the internal memory of the nuvi. If there is no access to the file or the file is missing the programs surely won't recognize the unit nor copy files to its internal memory. Yet, seems also strange that in diagnostic page you see the USB cable as GCM20...

If nothing helps you can try contacting Garmin Product Support - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Member +

thanks a lot. I have found a method of working with this. use it as a navigator on the cradle for a few days. plug it and 2 out of 10 times, it gets recongnised. So, I have left it at it. The problem with Garmin is they simply ask me to send it to Taiwan, and the repair cost estimate is close to 220 US$. for that price, I can possibly get a nuvi that even speaks the street names. Guess, i will get used to this. However, I would b checking this page off and on to see if sumthing can b done to make good this error.

Member +

hi Caty,

regret to inform you that My zumo now wont detect the SDcard nor would it go into the mass storage mode. I cant reset it. S/w reset or Hard reset doesnt work.

Tried removing the battery, no luck. Please suggest anyways to have atleast the SD card detected..