Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Ballebar

Default Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status

Upgrading MapSource to a the latest Garmin original version will NOT remove any of your unlock keys. The problem is that all maps having a MapID >= 2200 will get the "Unauthenticated" status. That status means that they are unlocked correctly but lacks the new GMA digital certificate to authenticate your installation as a genuine licensed map installation.
    On PC the solution is to use the patched versions of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and also [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Using the patched versions of MapSource and/or BaseCamp will solve the "Unauthenticated" problem on your PC.
    The GPS might still need the GMA file for that unique unit if the GMA technology is implemented in the newer firmwares.
    The solution is to remove the locking from your map completely with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

All unlock codes are stored in the Windows registry under the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Garmin\MapSource\Codes". It's easy to manually backup the registry key to a REG-file and use it later or in other accounts on the same computer. Unlock keys are just saved for the current user account, not for all users.

Actually some newer devices have protected firmware and unlockers fail: read notes in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] thread.
    Last edited by catymag; 16th January 2015 at 03:12 PM. Reason: added note

2.    Advertissements

Hello

I succeed in installing a map in base camp using a patched version.
    But i don't understand how to unlock to transfer to the GPS.
    In your link, you can only unlock an *.img file but i don't find any *.img file.
    How can i do to transfer the map on the GPS?
    Thanks for all.

Question

"The GPS might still need the GMA file for that unique unit if the GMA technology is implemented in the newer firmwares."

Hi,

are there any cases of garmin fimwares known that just use the GMA technology?

Ciao Hugo

Important User Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status
    Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status

all new devices and firmwares use gma technology

Quote Originally Posted by buzzz View Post
    Hello

I succeed in installing a map in base camp using a patched version.
    But i don't understand how to unlock to transfer to the GPS.
    In your link, you can only unlock an *.img file but i don't find any *.img file.
    How can i do to transfer the map on the GPS?
    Thanks for all.
    With a patched Basecamp (Mapinstall) you can transfer the map (*.img) to your pc disk, then unlock it with Fast IMG Unlocker, then copy it in your gps
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Ballebar, I converted the new maps (in this case 2011.30) to the old style format (readable by mapsource 6.13.7 and earlier). Used the unlock all. The new mapsource has no complaints 6.16.3) I can't say how this works with the newer PND's as mine is an older nuvi 765, but figure those too should have no issues.

Thoughts?

if i'm using a patched mapsource 6.16.3, do i still have to use mapinstall and or basecamp if I want to install the maps to my gps?

Garmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" statusGarmin GMA protection and the "Unauthenticated" status

you can send IMGs to your device with Mapsouce and to any drive too
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Default Unauthenticated map response with MapInstall 3.14.4.0

Hi to all, I already downloaded BaseCamp 3.1.3 and MapSource 6.16.2 to avoid the "unauthenticated" lock for the maps with ID > 2200 and they work fine. But I have a problem again when I try to install a map with ID>2200 using MapInstall (my version is 3.14.4.0) because in this case the map is recognized as still "unauthenticated". Could anybody point out me a MapInstall.exe unpatched to skip this lock ?
    Thanks

check here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm

Thank you Catymag. I visited that site you suggested but I didn't find my goal there. I remark that everytime MapInstall is mentioned (i.e. Mapsource v6.16.2+ Special+MapInstall v3.14.2 patched) MapInstall is not really present into the .zip or .rar file. In any case I nowhere found MapInstall v.3.14.4 that comes with MapSource v.6.16.2.
    Instead I found the SW I wanted MapInstall v.3.14.4 at this link:
    http://www.multiupload.com/BAIM71TNHU
    and it works fine with unauthenticated maps too.