Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Modding 3760T

The special cable is required to make a connection to the device without making it enter usb datastorage mode. Then you get access to the hidden protected memory where the fun starts.

2.    Advertissements

Now it's more important to find a way to split the separate modules of the different firmware versions (mp3, calendar...) and integrate them in firmwares that lack it. Maybe as separate update modules (*.bin files) in system/remoteSW folder. I believe this is the root the 14xx Deluxe firmware was started. In that case we don't have to rely and wait for Garmin to add the missing stuff in EU/US versions. Shame they do not allow 3rd party software development, we could have seen some very nice modules that would have raised the value of the gadget, like the many extra tools available for touch phones.

so i follow all the steps from aekhong, my 3760 came with FW 2.30 US pcb is 8:
    i made 3.60 us boot bin + chinese 2.20 , followed steps one by one including rename dirs.
    everything went fine, first symtom it worked was due when i connected USB nos asks for garmin mode or storage... nice..

then i quicly uploaded 3d map , shows on screen but no luck, even thougn now i can see and select which pois to display on screen... also nice..

one thing i noticed is that the redraw od the map in any view (top, 3d,) became slower, sluggish, jumping frames all around... did a master reset, same thing...

just went back to us 4.10 and the unit is ok again..

i do not know if something went wrong, today i will try on the same hardware:
    us 4.10 boot bin, +syng 2.30 rest to see if i see the same result...

any comments are welcome...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by CBUG View Post
    The special cable is required to make a connection to the device without making it enter usb datastorage mode. Then you get access to the hidden protected memory where the fun starts.
    Very nice information. I thought the only way is through the pins on the PCB. Can you share more information about that cable. Realy very interesting.

Thanks,
    Last edited by ddabcd277; 27th April 2011 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ddabcd277 View Post
    Very nice information. I thought the only way is through the pins on the PCB. Can you share more information about that cable. Realy very interesting.

Thanks,
    How we can get this cable? Does it need special software as well?

@aix432

Have you had any luck with the chinease 2.30 version? I heard some rumors that the device will stuck. Are there any new features/firmware, since chinese 2.30?

@CBUG

Is there any proof of this cable. I don't want to be unpolite but it sounds like rumors. All the protections and flags inside the system tricked out by a modified cable?

Important User Modding 3760T
    Modding 3760TModding 3760TModding 3760TModding 3760TModding 3760TModding 3760TModding 3760T

is it this one?
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Hello Stacy_o no, i havent had enough time to play with chinese 2.30, i went back due i was not able to see 3d (that was my main goal), i will try this weekend..
    is your GPS showing 3D?, whats the filename and size of the 3d map? (just recall you are using euro maps right?)

Navigation software expert Modding 3760T
    Modding 3760TModding 3760TModding 3760T

Actually there is a different path to modding this units. You need a service usb cable (modded normal usb cable with a resistor), enter the diagnostics menu of the unit, and then you can change it's model to any you like.
    can you show picture how to create this cable?
    How can enter in hidden protected memory,where is it,what i must to push?

I found a way to charge nuvi on pc and use it.

On my nuvi 1300 :

1.) Connect nuvi to pc
    2.) whait to go to mass storage mode
    3.) put PC in sleep mode (dont disconnect nuvi from pc) and wait for nuvi to turn on in navigation mode
    4.) wake up PC
    5.) Now you can work on PC,charge your nuvi and use your nuvi.

But i dont know how to find this hidden protected memory
    Last edited by lolypop000; 5th May 2011 at 09:02 PM.

@aix432

Yesterday, I tried the chn230 but with no luck. I combined boot.ini v360 with chn230 as .rgn and boot.ini v410 with chn with no luck. The device came always up in a rebooting loop. A version with boot.ini 360 & sgmy 250 and 410 chn 220 worked (I gave them all the HWID of the boot.ini). But no 3D, no DEM and no CityXplorer. I'm able to see the maps on the device, they seem to be ready - but with no effects.
    I wondering if there is any combination fw_all, fw1_rescources what will work for me, I mean with 3D and other suff. It's so rediculous that garmin came up with a new version 410 that is approx. 10 MB smaller as the chinese versions.

Today, I tested some combinations - mixture of fw_all and fw1_rescoures from different versions - It didn't work, the result is always a GIR Checksum Error. The Turboccc combination didn't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    Last edited by stacy_o; 6th May 2011 at 08:50 PM.