Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast
    Important User Patched firmwares for JNX files
    Patched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX files

patch Patched firmwares for JNX files

Patched firmwares for JNX files

Firmwares patcher by Whiter

5-08-2015
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWhiter View Post
    Ok, here's the new release of the patcher.
    In version 3.40:
    * Support of Epix System firmwares finally added.
    * Recognition of of Edge 1000 Korean edition, eTrex Touch 25/35 and eTrex 20x/30x added.

The archive can be downloaded from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], or directly from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Unfortunately I still haven't managed to implement the minimalistic patching scheme proposed by ataro1 for Dakota and Oregon 6x0
    11-01-2015
    The patcher is updated to version 3.30.
    In this release:
    * Support of the latest firmware version 2.70 for Edge 1000 added.
    * Support of the firmwares for GPSMAP 62sc SEA (South East Asia edition) added.

Also I think I have managed to overcome those nasty trojan activity alerts from the anti-malware tools.

The archive is available from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    And the direct link is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hi everyone!
    I got a sad message from my web-hoster, Brinkster. They are going to abandon their free web-hosting accounts, which I'm using for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    There are only two options: either switch to a paid account, or migrate to some other hosting (and to change site address, of course).
    I'd prefer to leave the site address intact, so the best option would be to get a paid account.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford the account upgrade right now, and I'm asking for your help.
    If anyone would like to support the upgrade, [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

22-10-2014
    Alright, the patcher is updated to version 3.22.
    In this release:
    * Support of the latest firmwares for Alpha 100, Astro 320, Etrex 20/30, GPSMAP 6x, Montana, Oregon 6x0 and Rino 6xx incorporated in the patcher.
    * Recognition of Edge 510 Chinese edition added.
    * Bug fixed: the version adjustment feature could break the firmware loader block in GCD files for Etrex, Montana, Astro, Alpha.

The version is available from its [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Direct link is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    18-10-2014
    I've finally managed to add the support of the recently released firmware versions.
    The patcher itself has not changed, only the definition file has. You need to turn on the auto-update feature of the patcher, and it will load the signature definitions.

Unfortunately, my web-server seems to be very close to the bandwidth limitation
    So, in case you cannot use the auto-updater, here are the contents of the defs.txt file: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    You can place this file into the same folder where FirmwarePatcher.exe is, and the patched will use it on the next start.

I'll upload the updated patcher a bit later.

21-8-2014
    Version 3.21 released.
    In this release:
    * Edge 1000 firmware support added;
    * GCD container version adjustment improved.

Re-direction page: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Direct link: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

NB.Please note some of the anti-viral products report the patcher is a malware.
    They just don't like the autoupdater logic for some reason.

If you don't trust the patcher, but still need the patched firmwares, I'd recommend using either some of the sand-boxing software, or a virtual machine.
    You can always make sure there's nothing malicious in the patcher with help of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexWhiter
    To patch Monterra, you need to get root access first. See [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] for the instructions.

16-6-2014
    The patcher is updated to version 3.10.
    Previously incorrect patching of Edge Touring firmwares was fixed, and works properly now.

The archive can be downloaded from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

17-03-2014
    Due to constant hosting server problems as Brinkster, I had to change the firmware downloading page.
    Please now use [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    It seems it's time to look for a new hosting
    One more thing.
    I have made a slight change in the JNX format description page. This change is described [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], it's only in Russian at the moment, but Google can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] it more or less correctly to English. If you think the translation sucks, I can make my own

I'd really recommend all the developers of the tools with JNX writing support to take a look at this modification, and change their tools accordingly.

A gps device wouldnt read a JNX map if this JNX is not signed by Garmin BaseCamp.
    The patcher disables most of the checks made by the JNX loader in the device (i.e. remove the limits for only one demo map and area of demo maps, and disable validation of the device ID, CRC and signature itself for the non-demo maps).

JNX format is supported by Garmin devices listed here:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    The JNX patcher and related patched firmwares is only for Garmin units that use JNX files.
    Firmware versions supported by the patcher:
    Code:
    Code:

A guide to BirdsEye (JNX files) - Patched firmwares for Garmin GPS and how to patch the firmwares
    here :
    Code:
    Thanks to agante for infos-

Tested patched Firmware here:
    Spoiler: CLICK
    Code:

Installation:
    1. - Get the file for your unit.

2. - Verify you dont have any JNX in the unit when you perform the upgrade.

3. - Copy the file Gupdate.gcd in the \ garmin INTERNAL MEMORY

firmware1

Disconnect the GPS from the computer, turn off the unit, turn on and it will update, it will restart one or 2 times depending on the model and when finished the whole process you will have our GPS ready to watch free JNX.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfhbr View Post
    Hint:
    After downloading the new firmware through WebUpdater just do not disconnect the device and patch the resulting fresh GUPDATE.GCD in the body of the device, then delete the original GUPDATE.GCD, rename GUPDATE_Patched.GCD in GUPDATE.GCD and restart the device ...
    Needless to say, do not forget to look in the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] before such a procedure!
    Installing JNX maps:

To view JNX maps in our GPS is as simple as creating the folder " BirdsEye "within the \ Garmin internal or external memory card (better not put files in gps internal memory: if something goes wrong removing the microsd card the problem is solved.)
    Maps can be organized in folders in most models and they accept long names although I recommend short names.

firmware2

(Credits Iogrea)

All newer patchable firmwares:
    Spoiler: CLICK
    Code:

Last edited by catymag; 26th September 2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: latest links and news from AlexWhiter
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

If I use this patched firmware does it mean that I can use downloaded Birdseye Select maps that are licensed to a different device?

Thanks in advance.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mordorf View Post
    If I use this patched firmware does it mean that I can use downloaded Birdseye Select maps that are licensed to a different device?
    Yes!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 15 characters.

VIP Master

Default Great !!!

Hello ;
    It's great! you know if the firmware is compatible for the Oregon 550 series T (T = camera).
    The patch of firmware may be a solution to not having to unlock all maps (.img), do you know if this exists ? we can dream !
    a big thank you ;-)

Edit : “T” want to say that there is a maps included 1/100000 ; thus, I have the answer the Firmware is compatible for the 550; thank you
    Last edited by lorenzassio; 15th February 2011 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Correction

Master

The patcher works with the following firmwares:
    v. 432 Beta for Oregon x50

hi
    Edge800 fw patched
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

note This fw must be test becouse i have original same fw on my edge800 and i dont know how to downgrade it

Successfully patched my gpsmap 62st. runs smoothly. no more error messages complaining about my self created jnx files. in the maps list on the device they appear, but as of yet they are not displayed. will try some more.

UPDATE: self-made jnx fine, somehow they just ended up in the English Channel...

UPDATE: jnx created by mobat2jnx with multilevel zoom hang my device. couldn't even enter usb mobe. thankfully, files were on the SD card an could still be removed.
    Last edited by aconcagua; 20th March 2011 at 10:28 PM.

Is this patch works in TWN version of Oregon 550t firmware?

New Beta Fw for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ],
    But fwpatcher doesent works
    pattern not found

Important User Patched firmwares for JNX files
    Patched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX filesPatched firmwares for JNX files

Quote Originally Posted by tenebrax View Post
    New Beta Fw for [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ],
    But fwpatcher doesent works
    yes , waiting for whiter's work
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600