Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    EOS-1

Default Multiple maps on nuvi 1XXX series

The nuvi 1xxx series has the advantage/ability to load any number of maps from it's internal memory. Simply create a folder in the root of the nuvi drive called "Map" (no quotes) and copy your desired map into that folder. The map does NOT have to be called gmapsupp.img nor any of the older nuvi naming conventions...in this case you should give it a more descriptive name such as Topomaps.img (or anything else for that matter). The only stipulation is that it ends with the .img extension.
    The trick works on SD card too

2.    Advertissements

works on my nuvi 1490T, made a directory Map on SD card and put in there like 5 maps,
    all shows in nuvi

I have a little issue on my nuvi 1490T.
    I've put several maps in SD/map directory but if I look in Tools->Settings->Map->Info some
    of the maps titles appear twice, like Anavasi RoadMap:
    Anavasi RoadMpa(c) AnavasiDigital
    [1] Greece
    Anavasi RoadMpa(c) AnavasiDigital
    [1] Greece

Also when I replaced one of the maps with a newer version, OFRM Geotrade City from 5.11 to 5.20,
    both appear in the list even so only on file is present in SD/map directory:
    OFRM Geotrade City V5.20 LAT
    [1] OPFRM Geotrade City 5.20LAT
    [2] GMapToll All

I can see maps ok if I select them from the list, so the functionality don't seem to be affected.
    But it annoys me :D

I move out the img files for those maps from that directory, restarted the nuvi, put them back, but again they show twice.
    Is any text file where garmin is keeping this list of maps? so I can edit it manually?
    Or any other ideeas?

thanks
    Last edited by corina; 12th September 2010 at 06:47 AM.

where to keep the junction view incase the file together with te junction view fiile ?

Important User Multiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX series
    Multiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX series

@ corina
    upgrade your device firmware

Quote Originally Posted by bmbk View Post
    where to keep the junction view incase the file together with te junction view fiile ?
    read
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Default Multiple map problems

On the Nuvi 1490T, I had put 2 separate files for 5 metre contours and 10 metre contours. When looking at map info page, I see that the 2 separate files are listed under one entry (which has the name of one of the files) Under the name there are 2 entries. [1] list the first individual tiles names of one map set and [2] list the first few tiles names of the second map set. There is only the one check mark and hence both maps are on or off but I can not change one separately! The maps are by the same author.

There is only the one check mark and hence both maps are on or off but I can not change one separately!

Has anyone have any ideas how the individual maps can be selected and seen??

Chris

Important User Multiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX series
    Multiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX seriesMultiple maps  on nuvi 1XXX series

try to rename the IMGs with gmaptool
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    try to rename the IMGs with gmaptool
    I tried renaming with gmaptool but still does not work!

Default Success

For 3 different mapsets, I finally managed to alter them so that, the maps in each mapset could be selected individually, both visible, neither visible or both visible.

Firstly I had 2 maps generated by gpx2img [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. These are transparent maps. For these I used GMapTool [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and changed the map name and map ID.

I had both 10m and 5m transparent contour maps from Contours Australia. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] . These maps had the same PID and a FID of 0. For these I had to use GMapTool to split one of the img into maps (not "files for Mapsource", but "single maps") and then join all these maps giving a mapset name and new FID/PID numbers in gmaptool join options.

Similarly I used the same approach to alter one of the maps I was using from the Shonky Topo maps [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

In the end I managed to make the various maps individually selectable, but I could not have done it without help from people on the forum [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks to all. I have cross posted this, to ensure everyone who is interested sees it.

Chris

Thanks for the tip!
    For me it only works for the device, with no problem at all!
    My SD card only supports one map on folder Garmin named gmapsupp.img
    Ive tried maps on Garmin/Map folder with no success...
    I have a nuvi 1410