Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0

Default How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?

I have tried to access into pre-boot mode of my Nuvi 1460, but still can not. I tried by power off my Nuvi, hold upper left corner and plug in USB. What I can see is the Garmin logo and for a while the screen changed to white colour to calibrate the screen. I have already installed Garmin USB driver V2.3 into my Vista computer.

Any advice please?

2.    Advertissements

Important User How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?
    How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?

To access pre-boot mode on 1xxx devices, power off device, hold upper left corner and attach USB, no other way I think
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks Catymag, I got it now. After I attached USB cable then I can drag the RGN file to Updater software straight away, but now I got the problem after I flash my Nuvi 1460 with RGN it is now stuck with "LOADER LOADING..." on the screen and can not do anything. Any advice please?

How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?How to access into pre-boot mode of Nuvi 14XX?

if it's loading, it will take a while to upgrade ,dont touch it till it wont start up
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Thanks again for your advice. What I did was press the power button for a while until Nuvi turn off and start it again (with the USB cable connected) and it seems to be OK now. Such a relieve for me.

Thanks Catymag, I got it working as well

more infos here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    and here
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    this thread closed
    l9ebnsm