Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member +

Default wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460

looking for the above file to install in my 1490. so if anyone has it, please help to upload

(tried posting under the help thread but guess it's not very visible so apologies to mod for starting a new thread)

2.    Advertissements

Important User wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460
    wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460

Firstly try to use Garmin webupdater.
    Follow easy menu selection and check Thai text and Thai voice.
    check box for "all asian text" or something like that
    ---------

if you have thai characters but not the keyboard, try this:

Add these two lines into \Garmin\Text\Thai.gtt in <hdr> section:

<upperkbrd>ฆฉซญฎฏฌฐฑฒณธผ็ฝึภืศูษ์ฬ๋ฮ๊โฤำๆ.()</upperkbrd>
    <lowerkbrd>กขคงจชดตถทนบปพฟมยร่ล้วุสิหีอัะาเแไใ</lowerkbrd>

And change keyboard style in system setting from QWERTY to ABCDE
    --------

If your device doesnt has this possibility and cant display thai characters
    (tools>settings>language)
    you should flash it-
    Flashing refers to changing of a firmware of a non-localised unit to a localised one. A word of caution if you want to flash a non-localised unit to a localised one. There are certain risk involved when flashing a unit. Doing it wrongly can result in your device becoming a useless paperweight. Besides, it will also void your warranty. Sometimes even when an unit has been successfully flashed, its performance can be erratic and causing errors during navigation-
    Last edited by catymag; 28th July 2010 at 01:32 PM.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member +

Hi Caty

1st of all I had already used webupdater to update to the latest software version of 4.4 after obtaining the unit. Subsequently among the extras, I managed to find thai voice but no thai text

2ndly I am not quite sure what you mean by “have thai characters but no thai keyboard” but my unit can display thai map, pois with thai characters. no problem with that.

3rdly, in my garmin internal memory, the text folder is not a subfolder of the garmin folder but is a main folder in the root directory. The language files there are not .gtt files but .glx files. For 1 language, there are 3 .glx files. For example, japanese language:

ja_JP.glx
    ja_JP_PRX.glx
    ja_JP_TRF.glx

there is no corresponding thai language file.

However I feel your advice about this should work:

Add these two lines into \Garmin\Text\Thai.gtt in <hdr> section:

<upperkbrd>ฆฉซญฎฏฌฐฑฒณธผ็ฝึภืศูษ์ฬ๋ฮ๊โฤำๆ.()</upperkbrd>
    <lowerkbrd>กขคงจชดตถทนบปพฟมยร่ล้วุสิหีอัะาเแไใ</lowerkbrd>

And change keyboard style in system setting from QWERTY to ABCDE

The question is whether it’s possible to create 3 thai glx file from scratch(or just 1 is needed?)

Important User wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460
    wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460wanted: thai language keyboard for gamin nuvi 1460

sorry I thought your keyboard configuration files were like in other previous devices
    30vm23o

usually there is a text folder that stores default and custom messages and keyboard layouts. These are text files with .GTT extensions. You can edit them with a text editor.
    I donnow about glx files and if you can edit them-
    I am not quite sure what you mean by “have thai characters but no thai keyboard” but my unit can display thai map, pois with thai characters. no problem with that.
    Some devices have thai characters but not the thai keyboard (US sold devices) that GTT config works with those devices
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member +

The 1490 has 3 separate folders for voice, text and keyboard. As per the attached file, the keyboard folder files are with extension .kbd
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member +

Default Help with 1490 thai keyboard

I tried to modify the american keyboard to make a thai qwerty keyboard but when load it the garmin unit shutdown. Don’t know it’s the layout conflict or missing keys.

Attached is the file. Can anyone help to troubleshoot?

thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you want the Thai Keyboard then buy a Thai or Malaysian unit

It is possible to load a Thai keyboard on USA or European units but only of certain firmware and not the new ones
    You can get a Thai keyboard then when you switch on the Thai language you get a bricked Nuvi
    The other way is to load Mal/Sig firmware to unit first this also is fraught with possible bricking
    You need to do a lot of reading and looking around before you go any further

This is good free advice, please be careful.
    Happy it sunny Thailand

I have USA unit but I am still looking for Thai key board and Thai menu as well. Could you explain that how to get Thai key board from USA unit

Thanks a lot

I myself is looking for the thai keyboard to work on my 1370T too, this will help alot if you can help.
    Also is there a way to enable JCV for thai map on this device i made a rgn with twn boot.bin (3.20) and the rest from sg/my (2.70) and flash it to my device but still no luck to enable jcv of tsm 11.

aekhong

@kwanying

Try to lower sg/mal version firmware., now the later sg/mal firmware usually can not display Thai jcv.