Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Important User South Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - Garmin
    South Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - Garmin

topo South Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - Garmin

South Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - Garmin

[B]
    2d0klzs

The Drakensberg is the highest mountain range in Southern Africa, rising to 3,482 metres (11,424 ft) in height.
    The range is located in the eastern part of Southern Africa, running for some 1,000 kilometres (620 mi) from south-west to north-east. The mountains drain on the western slopes by the Orange and Vaal rivers, and on the east and south by a number of smaller rivers
    infos
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    This map has been compiled by T4A team
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    download
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

b5imma
    Last edited by catymag; 26th June 2010 at 09:28 PM.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

Do you have the Map ID for this Map???

PS. Thanks for the Map. Been looking for it

Banned

Hi Guys

I am the silly guy that collected the data over many many years and compiled this transparent layer map for the Garmin GPS platform. In fact I will continue improving this completely free product over time as long as I have the means to do so. I do have a couple of keen hikers that regularly visit this amazing place that helps me with the data collection and as soon as I have enough data to justify an updated release then I will again request Tracks for Africa to repost an updated version of this map on the Tracks for Africa website again. All I ask is if you are going to use this map while hiking The Drakensberg Area then please assist me with some data collection by tracking your hikes with GPS and sending me your raw GPS tracked data too. That way I would be able to keep this project alive and also naturally improve the map over time. My contact details are in the installation notes of the map. I really hope some of you can help by getting involved. This way we all contribute to making hiking in this area just a little safer.....this is by the way my only motivation and drive behind the hours I have already spend working on this map, this by the way spans over a period of more than 10 years now, wow time do fly when you are having fun! And yes finding a post supporting this map here excites me immensely. Hope I do not anger some MOD by posting this sort of a request here. Yours truly - Johan Cloete
    Last edited by SakCyb; 20th July 2010 at 09:47 PM.

Important User South Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - Garmin
    South Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - GarminSouth Africa Drakensberg region hiking trails map v.3 - Garmin

Quote Originally Posted by SakCyb View Post
    I have already spend working on this map, this by the way spans over a period of more than 10 years now, wow time do fly when you are having fun! And yes finding a post supporting this map here excites me immensely. Hope I do not anger some MOD by posting this sort of a request here. Yours truly - Johan Cloete
    We thankyou for this and you'll be always welcome on GPSPower

Quote Originally Posted by BiFiGPS View Post
    Do you have the Map ID for this Map???
    mapid is 60001 --
    Last edited by catymag; 20th July 2010 at 10:28 PM.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Have downloaded this file from other site. Loaded on PC but it did not display transparent over latest RSA topo maps 2010.2. Have downloaded this one and will test in coming weeks. Thanks for your effort. Unfortunately I do not visit there regularly. Have been up the ladder to the waterfall once with Voortrekkers.

Banned

ekke_van

Mapsource can only display one map layer at a time, therefore you will not be able to use it like that on your PC with Mapsource unless you use the Garmin Mobile PC GPS software with a BT GPS receiver. You also have to zoom in a little before the data kicks in. But on a Garmin GPS one can display more than one transparent layer on top of one another, in this case placing the Hiking tracks map on top of a basemap, in my case I use the Garmap SA Topo map, this works just great. Hope this explains this a little but also read the help pdf that comes with the map.

Happy and safe hiking
    Johan Cloete

SakCyb
    Thanks for info. Noob to GPS. Did as indicated in pdf but it does not explain issue about PC based view. Tried software again and could follow the trails on the GPS. Your hard work is appreciated.

Banned

ekke_van

As long as you get it working on your GPS then everything is cool. It is not really a map for the PC (Garmin Mapsource) as already explained because this map is a transparent map layer intended to sit on top of a base map in GPS, in essence just adding the trail data and the PIOS to the base map you have on you GPS. It works best on top of a Topographical map or even a DEM map if you have a GPS that can display the 3D DEM maps. But I we have a problem with the DEM accuracy here in South Africa being that the best DEM Map for this area currently only sits at 200m accuracy, not nearly as good as the 20m contour lines on the topographical map of the same area. Anyway it now looks like you came right and now you can try it out on a actual hike in one of the most amazing places on earth, but be safe out there and remember to log me some data while you out there so that I can continue to improve the thing with fresh new tracks, even if they are already covered on the map.

You take care now and happy and safe hiking

Johan Cloete

Daniel Schay

Great Map. Planning to use it on my next trip to the berg...

Banned

Cool Daniel

I have to make a new update soon, there is a lot of new data that I can add but finding the time to do this is always a problem. Anyway will keep you posted and please track your hike and send me the data, even if your hike is already on my map. I use the data to improve my current data vault.

Johan Cloete