Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Important User Garmin Jamaica map
    Garmin Jamaica mapGarmin Jamaica mapGarmin Jamaica mapGarmin Jamaica mapGarmin Jamaica mapGarmin Jamaica mapGarmin Jamaica map

Default Garmin Jamaica map

Jamaica map feb 2010

jamaica map caribbean sea

[B]Very good detailed map of the Caribbean island of Jamaica
    lots of pois

id=1436 5.4 mb

IMG unlocked
    rename to gmapsupp.img and copy to a garmin directory

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

credits to sue
    Last edited by catymag; 31st July 2010 at 11:01 AM.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

andy9838

This map does not address search, how do I have to query for the address? can address search? thank you!

I everyone im new to your forum i saw something that of mush interest to me that is the garmin map for Jamaica, but you have to registor to see the link so i registor only to find that the link was delete and the last post message pose on the forum asking for a new upload will someone upload a new one please i build a custom map with mapedit with the help of oziexplorer, googlemap, cgpsmapper, GoogleOzi, and mapman the process is very long on boring but it work but i would like to have a professional map to maybe edit it thanks to anyone that can help me in advance

thanks you guy the second link is working "select rapidshare" seeing this professional map make for my country make me want to build more custom map or edit why because my custom map is in comparison with this professional make map all i want to get more familar with the Dynamic variable of map making like the different cat. road, apply oneway etc can you give me a link to advance map making.

i live in jamaica on looking at this map i conclude that these guy at UTECH that make this map was only thinging about tourist so they exclude alot of road they think will not interest the tourist i think i can edit this map and make these road and place on this map i just want to do it the professional way you know make it look good

one more things i was just wondering about this map making process it seem easy to me all i did was was to copy a section of jamaica off google map "using a small program call Google Maps Downloader 6.16" and callibrate it with oziexplorer and use this calibrate map as a reference in mapedit to make a map but one things notice with googlemap is that is road is very accurate once you get the calibration right "must because it's a satalite image" but the naming of road and place are sometime incorrect so i use a original road map to check road and place before i name them

hope to hear from you and thank for your quick reponse

battman

Hy Chris2470: Where can I find Google Maps downloader?

Default Glad to help

Quote Originally Posted by battman View Post
    Hy Chris2470: Where can I find Google Maps downloader?

go to katz.cd sorry cant post link yet and type Allallsoft in the search tap pick one ofthe many result if you need more help let me know

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Last edited by catymag; 10th August 2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added link

pavel_k1973

Hello to everyone!
    Does a newer than this one gps map of Jamaica exist? Thank you!

Chris2470 had very goods intentions, did they turn into a perfact map?
    Last edited by catymag; 13th January 2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: merged 2 consecutive posts

Devian

Hello:

I Downloaded the .img file And it works OK!

On my GArmin 1300 I Canīt type the country "Jamaica", but the map is there, I had to search by hand a point to memorize and then I can navigate through this point to another points.

Why I Can not find the country "Jamaica"?? (typing it)

I saved the .img file in the "Map" folder on the micro-SD card, I tried with the name "jamaica.img" and worked OK , and with he name "gmapprom.img" and worked the same way (I can see the map,but when I Type o go to the country "Jamaica" it appears a msg that says that there's no Jamaica COuntry)

the names of the file it isn't the problem, because the garmin 1300 accepts any name of file.

Thanks

Devian

Hello:

I Downloaded the .img file And it works OK!

Thanks to the author !!!

On my GArmin 1300 I Canīt type the country "Jamaica", but the map is there, I had to search by hand a point to memorize and then I can navigate through this point to another points.

Why I Can not find the country "Jamaica"?? (typing it)

I saved the .img file in the "Map" folder on the micro-SD card, I tried with the name "jamaica.img" and worked OK , and with he name "gmapprom.img" and worked the same way (I can see the map,but when I Type o go to the country "Jamaica" it appears a msg that says that there's no Jamaica COuntry)

the names of the file it isn't the problem, because the garmin 1300 accepts any name of file.

Thanks

Devian

kvmanii

This is the best map I have found thank you for posting it,

I have a Garmin etrex legend Cx and the map is wonderful,

I created a Directory on my micro SD card called Garmin renamed the file accordingly to gmapsupp.img
    Uploaded the img file to the directory and booted the device it recognizes image and works.

It appears to have many points of interest on the map hotels, eatery’s, shops, emergency medical, money exchange, etc etc
    some street names are not on the map and as to be expected in Jamaica

hence why they created their JAMNAV system which is based off of points of interest.

Thank you to the author thank you to the creator
    This is a wonderful map.

marcio_freitas

Thumbs up

the map of Jamaica was incorporated in CNNA 2011.40...
    we see the quality when the map is released ...

_

pavel_k1973

CNNA 2011.40 is already available (with detailed coverage of Jamaica), can anybody please extract Jamaica and upload it separately?