Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Important User GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)
    GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)

Post GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)

GUpdateMod v1.10 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)

This program can extracts and replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD. Among these wav
    sounds, we find the picture click, the camera in sight dong-dong, the speed alert,
    etc... You can replace these sounds by new ones.

Credits: Thanks to neadrenalin for his insights on the GUPDATE.GCD structure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Features
    •Play the predefined sounds in your Nuvi
    •Replace sounds like speed alert, camera in sight, etc... to something different including voices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model Compatibility

GUpdateMod has been tested on Garmin models:

•Nuvi 7x0
    •Nuvi 250 and all others having wav files inside the GCD.

How-To
    1- Copy GUPDATE.GCD from your gps /Garmin directory to your computer.
    2- Start GUpdateMod and browse for this GUPDATE.GCD file you just copied.
    3- You should see some Wave buttons. 6 for the nuvi 760 and 250.
    4- You can click the Info button on the left to see the WAV information. You can also click "Play" to hear it.
    5- click on the "Save wave to disk" to backup the current sounds.
    6- click the "..." to replace the current "Wave x" sound with a new WAV. The new sound must have a size equal or smaller than the original one. It must also have similar characteristics: 1 channel mono, 16 bits per sampple, ... The sampling rate can be different.
    7- Once selected, you can click the info button to the right to see the sound info. Make sure it matches what is said in 6-. You can also play the sound by clicking play.
    8- Leave the "Replace with:" field empty to keep the current sound untouched.
    9- Browse to save the new GUPDATE.GCD file. DONT'T erase your original. You should always start this program with the original GUPDATE.GCD. Instead, write it to a different directory, but keep the same name.
    10- Now, you need to force your gps to update. For now, I only know this way. Let's say you just modified the GUPDATE.GCD for version 3.00. Force an update to version 3.10 using the proper update method. Reboot the GPS and let it take the update. Then, copy in the /garmin directory the new GUPDATE.GCD file you just modified and reboot the gps. It will tell you that the firmware version is smaller than the original. If you proceeed, the gps will reset your current settings. Say "yes". You will only lose your GPS settings, but not your POI and not your Favorites. Once done, your can try the new sounds

Problems?

•If the gps says the file GUPDATE.GCD is corrupted, something went wrong. Simply copy back the original GUPDATE.GCD or simply delete it and use the web updater.

Changes from v1.02 to v1.10

•Added a tab to edit the legal warning at power-up. You can edit it only after opening an original GUPDATE.GCD. Otherwise you cannot if the file was alreay modified.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2.    Advertissements

Important User GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)
    GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)

Default RGNVoiceEditor update v1.04.

RGNVoiceEditor. Current version is v1.04. You can find it here:

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Here's how to use it:

0. Download RGNVoiceEditor v1.04+ from the link above.

1. Click the Open button and select your GCD or RGN firmware. This must be the proper TWN firmware modified for your HWID gps. If you have no clue what I am talking about, read the thread about the TWN firmware from the link above.

2. You should see a list of supported voice on the left side. On the right side, you can select the new voice you want to add. Do not change the English_American_ voice.

3. For each voice you select in step 2, you need to convert it to make it compatible with the TWN firmware. Click the button to select a US-firmware-type voice and to convert it to TWN firmware. the suffix 'twn' will be automatically added to the modified file. We'll talk about this later.

4. You need to save the modified firmware with the new voice. Click the Save button. The new firmware will be saved as RGN.

5. You are nearly done. You need to flash your GPS with the new firmware. If you do not know how, you should probably go and watch TV. This is not for the weak of heart. Read also all about it in the TWN firmware thread with the link above.

6. Copy the modified VPM file to your GPS. Make sure to remove the 'twn' suffix I added to the file. It needs to have the original name when put on the GPS.

turbocc RGNVE1

Official disclaimers:

*** Do this at your own risks! ***
    *** Do not flash any FW if you are getting weird errors ***
    *** Do not use RGNVoiceEditor if you did not make the TWN firmware work prior to using this program ***

Known bugs: I think the new voices will appear under the previous voice name. If you replaced the Fukein__ voice for the Russkiy__ voice, you may find it under the Fukein__ name.

via turboccc GpsPasSion

update in post 20, thanks turboccc
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Navigation software expert GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)
    GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)GUpdateMod v1.02+ RGN Voice Editor up to v2.02 for Garmin(replace WAV sounds from GUPDATE.GCD)

Default RGN Voice Editor 1.06 Update

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    History:
    ========

v1.06 - Automatically adds missing .rgn extension to filename when saving.
    - Fixed a runtime error when converting VPM files.
    - Limited processing to RGN input file only. GCD can be bugged. Fixing soon.

v1.05 - fixed a corrupted RGN issue when VPM was converted before RGN saved.

Default Nüvi 1xxx

Hello,

I think the solution provided with RGNVoiceEditor is just what I need.
    Just a bit different.

My problem:
    I have a Japanese nüvi 1360 with German language installed, I even programmed a German keyboard layout. But whatever I do, it just won't recognize any German voice files! However, Garmin provides for fun a voice in Austrian German dialect - it DOES recognize this one. So there must be some setting like "region code" on DVD, meaning my 1360 CAN play German but is just set to "mustn't play German", right?

Unfortunately, the voice editor doesn't work for 1360 - or is there a workaround?
    Do I just have to rename the right file, edit it and then rename it back?

Any help would be appreciated!
    I will pay 20 EUR via Paypal to the first one who enables me to play German and British English on my GPS. I am thankful for any help to enable the German TTS-voices as well! (available for free download from Garmin Germany)

Regds

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by kz81 View Post
    I will pay 20 EUR via Paypal to the first one who enables me to play German and British English on my GPS. I am thankful for any help to enable the German TTS-voices as well! (available for free download from Garmin Germany)

Regds

Karl
    Goodafternoon Karl,
    we dont agree these kind of agreements, our members give help here for free, if they want to do it
    regards
    l9ebnsm

Default Ok

I think you are right, its not good to solve every problem with money.
    Anyone helping me you will only get my big thanks, not more or less.
    Hopefully the principle works...

turboccc

Hi kz81,

Sounds like fun. I need a link to your Japanese RGN or GCD file for your 1360. I need also a link to the Garmin's Austrian German dialect voice.VPM. I may be able to find the trick.

Are you trying to get TTS or non-TTS voices? I am pretty sure we can make non-TTS voices work. Not sure about TTS.

Oh its you, will you really help me? Thank you!!!
    I have seen your site and I thought before that you are probably the only one who can help me.
    OK, first: My Device doesn't have any Update.cgn. (I didn't delete it - wasn't there from the beginning.
    I can see all hidden files, it's not that.)
    All CGN I have are "006B090100.GCD" (36 K) and 006B063000.GCD (1.5 M) in the folder G:\.System\RemoteSW.
    Maybe we can change the "Locales.xml" in G:\.System?
    Or change the voices directly? A lot of Asian languages do work, plus AM English.
    But I need BR English and German.
    The working Austrian voices are here [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (both working)
    I would like to get these German TTS also working:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (not working at the moment - recognized but says "Wrong TTS Version")
    My German voice file is the standard one. Shall I send the CDG to you by mail? Please send me your address by PM.
    Are Japan 1360 shipped with tw FW?
    Sounds like a lot of work. I have already spend 20 hours or 30 in the net researching, but I am not a programmer and its just too complicated for me.
    If you can make it work I will be really happy.

turboccc

Hi kz81,

I do not think it will be complicated, but we may have to try a couple things.

The RGN file is a firmware region file. It should be fairly big (around 15 MB and more). The equivalent GCD file is normally named GUPDATE.GCD and it should be on your GPS unless you deleted it. It should be about the same size as the RGN. Sometimes, the GCD will appear after a firmware update unless your GPS uses only RGN file in which case you need to download it from Garmin.

The working Austrian voices are encrypted non-TTS voices. It makes a huge difference. This is why those voices work on your GPS. As for the TTS voices, it is a bit different. The first thing I need to see is the firmware file to see which voices are supported. Then, I'll see why my RGNVoiceEditor is not working. It may need to be updated since my RGN_Tool.

As for the GCD, you can post a link here (I guess) or send a link by PM. The file will be too big for emails.

Turbo

Hi Turbo,

there is definitely no such file on my device, neither gcd nor rgn. And the only things I changed were language settings/files and voices. So seems like JP devices do not have this file. They are shipped by a Japanese company named iinetto. Maybe they have made some changes there?
    Anyway, do you have any idea how I should proceed to find the file where JP firmware is stored?

Regds & thank you

karl