Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member + GPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixed

I get that,but in city where roads are close to one another it often jump to wrong road

Problem solved.
    put theese into sys as Boki_srb mentioned.
    [route]
    correctness=40
    and
    [navigation]
    gps_pos_to_road=1

And deletet theese as osiris4isis mentioned
    [gps]
    port=1
    baud=4800
    Last edited by Boki; 14th April 2018 at 12:34 PM.

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast GPS position rumble - fixed
    GPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixed

For correctness should exist slider in primo, but I do not know if it requires some skin, addition or whatever.
    I specified concrete value approximately by looking at yours screenshot, it can be bigger or smaller.

gps_pos_to_road should fix ramble of cursor.

I'm not sure what it has to delete fixing port and baud values with it.

P.S. Thread title changed
    Last edited by Boki; 27th March 2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Important User GPS position rumble - fixed
    GPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixed

@skiib, post a screenshot of what you considered "solved." Because from your description, it sounded like you wanted the car icon to be at the actual GPS position, right?

I find it odd that gps_pos_to_road=1 will move car icon to the blue dot*. It's not what "gps position to road" does. If anything, it should be gps_pos_to_road=0 as suggested by post #2 which you said didn't fixed "problem."

When you test suggestions, it's best to do it one by one at a time to see what fixed the problem. Removing port/baud rate will allow proggy to use default value instead of using the low value set that might affect the updating of position. And as I already explained why you are seeing what's shown in screenshot, it's correct to see the car icon not at actual GPS position.

* It should be moving blue dot to car position, which is kind of stupid since you can just turn off the blue dot if you do not want to see it actual location.

Quote Originally Posted by skiib View Post
    I get that,but in city where roads are close to one another it often jump to wrong road
    It's not possible (at least per my experience) to not snap car icon to the nearest road (when you're not using offroad routing) The only way to prevent it from "jump to wrong road" is the accuracy of the GPS receiver (which is another story) I see this issue all the time when I traveled on a side road that parallel a highway, even when it's across 2 lanes (4 meters)
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 27th March 2018 at 05:33 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Member + GPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixed

After using gps for a while it still jumps to other roads than the one i am driving one

Master

iGo just puts the cursor on the road that is closest to the reported GPS position. I personally never have any issues with this on my 2DIN - I suspect that your GPS radio is not as accurate as it should be. Really not a software problem, IMO.

Sent from my TbooK 16 Pro(E5C8) using Tapatalk

UX Problem still active

Hi after a long trip includin denmark - sweden and norway, i tryed following.
    On outgoing trip i used igo primo 9.6.13 found on this site, all the way. Cursor jumps when another road is to close, i have uploaded pic of this earlyer.
    On the way home i used navigon found on this site all the way home.
    Cursor dosent jump at all on return trip..
    Someone mentioned that it is not igo primo problem, But both versions are installed on the same sd card and used one same unit so i think it is a problem with igo ?????????????

GPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixedGPS position rumble - fixed

What is your device? Are you using multires, clean version, minimal package or with some addons?
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

help Version

I have a Xgody 886 with 256mb ram and 8 gb internal memory. Have an sd card 16gb witch i use instead of internal memory.
    I am using this version of igo :
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Only addition to software are this skin : diMka WA P.1.7.4 - Ultimate Titanium. and demografic.

The basic rule is - when you have a strange problem - use clean minimal package, without any addons.
    Try with , and I already told you in a post #8 to try other versions (KIA concrete).
    The cards are cheap, it's enough to even 2GB to accommodate more than half of Europe and software. Moreover, Primo does not use a third of the contents of maps that are presented.

Ok will try Your kia version tomorrow. with the edited sys lines as you wrote.
    Will post back when i have tested this.