Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0

Default Help updating Nuvi 265W maps

I'm new to the Garmin world and in general it's been a while since the last time I updated the maps on a GPS and it was a TomTom, I saw the "how to" forum but it is confusing as I notice also on the maps section several different files and not sure which file type ( MS lock, ImgUn, 3DUn, D3478230A_JVC_nuvi 40-50, JVC, SID, etc, etc) applies to my device and which to newer more advance devices, please any help would be highly appreciated.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Help updating Nuvi 265W maps
    Help updating Nuvi 265W mapsHelp updating Nuvi 265W maps

US/EU 2x5/W series doesn't use SID file, 3D img file or JCV file. Some Asian devices of that series can use JCV however. If you have a Western 265W model all you need worry about is the detail map update. You can use an already compiled img (easiest way) or make one yourself to your needs from a gmap folder/PC version installed on your computer using MapInstal.

Thank you, question: is the IMG file the same as IMGUn?

Important User Help updating Nuvi 265W maps
    Help updating Nuvi 265W mapsHelp updating Nuvi 265W maps

I haven't checked 'cos i don't know where you've seen that, but most probably "IMGun" is shorthand for "Detail Map IMG file - Unlocked". "MS Lock" is probably a locked .gmap folder or MapSource Data (for full PC installation).