Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 62 of 381 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WOB View Post
    @BIRBANTE If that's true, (and I think it is not),
    These are just my assumptions, I do not know for sure if it is so. We are talking about a software that does not see and does not hear, it only processes the data in its possession. How do it determine when the average speed check zone is finished? It has no file with the coordinates that informs it of this, so it has a command somewhere that determines this thing, or after a lot of time, or after a certain number of meters..... I think it already does enough if it calculate the average speeds between A and B

I'm not a computer engineer, I'm just a user who breaks the software to look inside, understanding it little......

To get certain answers or the NNG technicians should answer you, or by the various Arimi, Pongo & C. that handle iGO for a lifetime.....

You trust too much of technology, the technology is not infallible, you can not take everything that indicates to you for absolute truth, the maps may be wrong, the speedcam files too, we are talking about a software that does not cost millions of euros......
    Last edited by BIRBANTE; 31st December 2017 at 11:17 PM.

2.    Advertissements

BIRBANTE
    As first, Happy New year, to you and for all good people on this forum...
    And as second, a simple "I don't know" is good enough as answer.
    Last edited by WOB; 1st January 2018 at 01:44 PM.

A Happy New Year wishes to you too, and to the whole Forum.

I repeat that mine is just a guess, which can also be wrong, it's not a problem for me, but I would like to have a certain answer from those who chew iGO for many years, surely those around the 4PDA Forum know how this thing works......

UX

In more detail about the cameras of average speed

for the correct warning, for the medium speed control zone, there are two possible methods of counting:

1- there must be two chambers:
    - the first (the beginning of the zone) with the measured limit of restriction, for example 70 km / h
    - the second (end of the zone) with a speed limit of 5 km / h or 0km / hour ,
    both cameras are directed against traffic;

2- there must be one camera in any direction and an entry in speedcam_category
    [speedcam_category: 3]
    max_section_time = 180; is the warning time

It is possible to use both methods together, with the exception that, with max_section_time entries, the end of the zone will be farther from the second camera, otherwise the second camera will start warning about the control zone with a limit of 5km / hour or 0km / hour

speedcam.zip
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

When using this plugin there should be no records about the cameras [speedcam_category: 0 - 31] and [warning] in sys.txt, since all the necessary entries are already present in the plugin.ini , you can only change the time in the record ---> max_section_time = 180, or completely delete this entry if you use only the first warning method

Thanks pongo.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by quartzo; 1st January 2018 at 05:23 PM.

Default Automatic view

If I am out of town or on higway, in the case of "Automatic view", the direction (arrow direction of travel) is not in direction of travel (sometimes is oblique ..). What can I do to have arrow in the direction of travel ?

If I am switching the automatic view off, all is correct (arrow is always in direction of travel), but I do not see the surrounding cities.

Member +

Default Skin Pongo 22 december 2017 - doesn't pronounce the speedcam distance

Hello everybody and Happy New Year. I'm using Igo Gift with Pongo skin and I've changed the ux folder inserting the one from 22 december 2017 but i have a small issue regarding the speedcams , it shows me the speedcam at 1000m as i want but doesn't pronounce the distance anymore:
    example:
    1. with pongo skin from october says: speedcam at 1000 m speed limit is...
    2. with pongo skin from 22 december says: speedcam speed limit is... (the distance isn't pronounced anymore)
    sys remained the same:
    Spoiler: sys

[warning]
    warn_distances="0:1000"
    is_spoken=1
    speedcam_warning=1
    speedcam_enabled=1
    speedcam_continuous_approach_beep_when_tonal=0
    say_camera_distance=1
    say_camera_speed_limit=1
    enable_speedcam_updates=1

Any idea???

Member + Skin iGO nextgen by pongo (DISCUSSION)Skin iGO nextgen by pongo (DISCUSSION)

Quote Originally Posted by vonica View Post
    ...it shows me the speedcam at 1000m as i want but doesn't pronounce the distance anymore:
    @Also for myself problem ...
    Last edited by Boki; 2nd January 2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: no need to quote whole post

Quote Originally Posted by vonica View Post
    ... it shows me the speedcam at 1000m as i want but doesn't pronounce the distance anymore:...
    I think you should define distance for every speed limit

warn_distances="130:1000,90:790,70:690,50:590,30:540"
    Last edited by Boki; 2nd January 2018 at 08:04 PM. Reason: no need to quote whole post

Master

@vonica

Remove everything that relates to speed cameras from your sys file.
    The correct configuration is in the speedcam.zip.
    Last edited by Boki; 2nd January 2018 at 10:59 PM. Reason: no need to quote whole post

@garigor
    I have done all that, but there is no distance to camera anouncement