Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Thread: poi

Default poi

I have one question about poi but poi like truck_poi and extended_poi , i must put them all in one file poi or separate???sorrry for my english and please help me...

2.    Advertissements

Yes, you have to store them all in the poi folder. There can be more than one poi file by country (files of different map providers, extended poi, truck poi).

Sent from my black pearl using Tapatalk

but when i put all files together my navi going crazy when separate its ok....someone know why ???

We do not look over your shoulder. Explain "my navi going crazy".
    What navi? What POI files? Sure they are for IGO?

Regarding POI files, I have a question. I've updated my maps and POI files. Both are in the proper directories however when I go to select points of interest within the my navigation app there is nothing there. If I use my original maps and POI files they do show up in the navigation. Is there something I'm missing? Does the naming of the POI have to match the name of the country map? Also, I think the updated maps are working since they show up in the navigation app while driving. Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks.

iGO Enthusiast poi
    poipoipoipoipoipoipoi

You are missing a lot...a lack of knowledge
    I guess you have original software, then POI must be same edition with maps and they also need proper licence.
    If software is "cured", then the publisher and version are not relevant. Only files in MAP folder need to be same edition unrelated to the software.

Quote Originally Posted by crazy greg View Post
    but when i put all files together my navi going crazy when separate its ok....someone know why ???
    When they are separated, then they are not used. Software only search for poi located in POI folder. Name is not important at all, info is read directly from file. Names only serve the owner to see which file/version there is in the device.
    Similar situation is for example with fbl/ftr/hnr...etc files....all goes only in one folder - MAP.
    But, when you download content, all is separated for
    - easier handling
    - to precise what they are serving
    - and most users do not need it all.

Your device is "crazy" because
    - There is not enough memory - Do you need all the possible files? Put only the content of the countries where you really going to travell
    - some files are bad
    - you put the wrong files

And all these questions are coherent and result from the laziness of new users, who do not bother to read, everything is already described:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Boki; 1st February 2018 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.