Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default A bit of help with sound please.

Hi everyone.

Just recently I have installed a double din head unit running Android 6 into my car and installed the Basarsoft Oct17 version of Next gen and added Osirasi's English tts. It all works a treat, thankyou.

Other than that I have made no changes. I have installed Next gen into the internal memory.

When I use NG on its own the sound is coming out of the 4 speakers in the car no problem (Arguing with Serena in quadrophonic is a whole new experience).

In the settings of the head unit sound there is an option to mix the navigation and radio etc, so when NG speaks the radio fades. This works, however, the sound from NG is very faint and only coming out of 1 speaker.

Has anybody else come across this?.

I have read everything I could find, but being new to all this, and thumping my head on the steering wheel not working, I thought I would ask.

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast A bit of help with sound please.
    A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with NG settings, but only with your device. Which we do not even know what it is.
    I suggest you seek a solution on the device manufacturer forum. If it exists.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The head unit is an Xtrons TL702P.

Not knowing the ins and outs of Android I wondered if there was something I had missed.

I can live with it though. If I find any usefull solutions I will post them up for others.

Global Moderator A bit of help with sound please.
    A bit of help with sound please.

Did you try to play with this in sys.txt:

[android]
    ; select audio stream
    ; 0-STREAM_VOICE_CALL, 1-STREAM_SYSTEM, 2-STREAM_RING, 3-STREAM_MUSIC, 4-STREAM_ALARM, 5-STREAM_NOTIFICATION
    navigation_audio_stream=4
    NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
    MB Moon night sky
    Please read: >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<, >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]< and >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<
    Password for all my uploads (if needed): gpspower.net

No I didn't. Thankyou. I will give it a try.
    Last edited by Boki; 25th November 2017 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary quote

iGO Enthusiast A bit of help with sound please.
    A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.A bit of help with sound please.

All respect to MB, but...Hm, I still don't think it have anything with NextGen settings.
    Your device is stereo based (says on xTrons site). If you have 4 speakers, sound is divided only by adapters/cables that comes with it. And maybe with an amplifier. Do you also have it in car? Anyway, judging by the pic, unit is full responsible for distribution of sound:
    Spoiler: pics from site

tl702p 6 tl702p 5 1

When sound is mixed, and you here it only from one speaker(!?), it mean sound is transferred to mono, and device does not send it to an adequate pair of speakers.
    Maybe, there is some other factor, but we can only guess...
    Last edited by Boki; 25th November 2017 at 10:04 PM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Boki_Srb, Thankyou so much for your help.

You are right, this is something strange with the head unit itself.

I added the lines Midnight Blue suggested to the system txt and it has made a difference in the way that NG is louder, but still out of one speaker.

However, I found that by adjusting the mixer I have got the radio fading and NG quite clear out of the front right speaker, which for my side of the road is correct.

So, its sort of a result which I can live quite happily with. Oddly though, if I have NG running with no radio or music it comes out of all 4 speakers. As you said, anybodys guess!.