Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Exclamation The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!

This is the holy grail kinda of a question...

Here I would like to help more and less experienced users to chose best SMARTPHONE for their navigation. Especially for those Chinese model which are cheap and can be used for navigational purposes.

Of course we can list other high-end brands.

Point is to find the best smartphone for less money maybe just as navigation nothing else.

I intent to do it like this... in your comments please leave feedback and I will list your phone in OP. Thn we can vote or something. Maybe I can use external website where we can create better VOTING PROCESS.

THIS ALL MAKES SENSE WITH THE PARTICIPATION OF ALL OF YOU.

FOCUS IS MOSTLY ON IGO PRIMO OR IGO NEXTGEN

Extra to read...
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Some good GPS reception phones I read about.

LOW-END
    - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

HIGH-END
    - Motorola MOTO G
    - Nexus 6
    - SAMSUNG GALAXY S7 EDGE
    Last edited by Boki; 31st October 2017 at 10:19 AM.
    NOTICE: By no means I advise installing illegal software nor I support such actions. This is just for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Please use my post in order to understand or learn something new. I am a proud owner of LICENSED NAVIGATION but just to satisfy my curiosity I test, read and research. Sharing illegal material is against the law.

2.    Advertissements

Important User The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!
    The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!

A better questions would be what phones are poor/bad sat reception under NNG.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

In regard to NEXTGEN..

Blacklisted are:
    LG G3
    NOTE 3
    NOTICE: By no means I advise installing illegal software nor I support such actions. This is just for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES. Please use my post in order to understand or learn something new. I am a proud owner of LICENSED NAVIGATION but just to satisfy my curiosity I test, read and research. Sharing illegal material is against the law.

Member + The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!

Hm, I think that important thing is to check that phone can receive gps but also at least glonass and posible beidou.

The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Texas View Post
    In regard to NEXTGEN..

Blacklisted are:
    LG G3
    NOTE 3
    Are you sure? Those are high end devices, they should not have problem with NNG.

It works but very frequent GPS jumps with NOTE 3. The best results are with AvicSync version with that is stable. I tested LG G3 and GPS reception was not so impressive. It took so long to lock on my location while Note 3 did it in a second. Problem with Note 3 i simply Nextgen everything else works. But it is not so bad just sometimes when you wait it jumps but avicsync I have noticed that. Other navi like tomtom navigon copilot they works good.

What do you mean "jump?" When/If you get a locked, are sats stable? Are you testing outside/outdoor? First check with GPS utility outside NNG. If slow in sat locked, you have to sync time.
    It is extremely rare to see GPS problem specific to proggy. I have cheap Paragon phones that are FUBAR because GLONASS interfered with GPS. The problem exists outside any proggy.

iGO Enthusiast The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!
    The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!The Best Smatphone for Navigation. Best Satellite reception!!!

Main problem with Samsung phones is their cooperation between factory ROM system settings (gps.conf) and iGO NG.
    There are a lot of discussions in some other forums, and yes, it is absolutely true for NOTE 3 (and Lite ver) and some more models (Note 5...etc). Some of the users are flashed "cooked" ROM's and even modified them in an attempt to provide better reception. Btw, Primo on same phones works OK.
    The best solution for these devices is that they do not use on-line services, just a physical receiver, to do gps-fix, but again depends a lot on a particular sample.
    I don't know about G3, I had no touch with it nor feedback.
    Last edited by Boki; 2nd November 2017 at 08:18 AM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.