Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Important User New GPS - how to use old maps off of SD Card
    New GPS - how to use old maps off of SD CardNew GPS - how to use old maps off of SD CardNew GPS - how to use old maps off of SD CardNew GPS - how to use old maps off of SD Card

Ok, I get it now. Bad .img caused crash in OS that can't be circumvented (unless .img was removed) so you have to get rid of it some how. Entering pre-boot and curing is only solution.

Ah, that is the point, after firmware patching was released, there might be an increase in the return of defective newer models. If I were in charge of Quality control, I would definitely investigate why.

Yes, it restarts and no way to turn off the display when charging. You would think pressing for freaking 10 sec would just turn off the device. I do not know why Garmin had to make it difficult. When a USB cable is plugged in, just prompt the user if charging or disk access. So simple. It wouldn't be as bad if they give you a power adapter to charge, but all you get is a cigarette connector and a USB cable. To charge outside car, you have to use USB cable and risk burning the screen.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

2.    Advertissements

New GPS - how to use old maps off of SD CardNew GPS - how to use old maps off of SD Card

Wot!? 'Burning' the screen? It's a freaking LCD not a CRT .... I'm joking, you mean burn out the back light not burn in an image. Make yourself a simple power-only cable by cutting the green and white data wires leaving the red and black wires intact, takes like two minutes with a box cutter and some electrical tape.

New GPS - how to use old maps off of SD CardNew GPS - how to use old maps off of SD CardNew GPS - how to use old maps off of SD CardNew GPS - how to use old maps off of SD Card

Hmmm, like Charlie Harper from Two and a Half Men said after he got a colonoscopy, "Yes, but I lost my water tight seal."
    I'm not going to cut up a perfectly good USB cable just for that. Maybe if I get a "bad" USB cable later in life, I might do some surgery on it.

New GPS - how to use old maps off of SD CardNew GPS - how to use old maps off of SD Card

Cost you more if you burn out the back light haha (as unlikely as that is). Just how cheap are you? Got 80¢?
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

I can get micro USB at Dollar store, but I don't remember they having mini USB. I forgot to asked if you ever encountered really, really, really show search for a POI from using nuvi200 (assuming you got one) or similar model?

You can also turn the brightness down to 0% before you connect to PC which will turn the backlight right down.

In 2xx series, to search for a particular already-known-name POI go Where To? > Points of Interest > Spell. Or you can search by category. What's the problem you're having? [of course I've got one, wotcha think I am, a total peasant?].

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    You can also turn the brightness down to 0% before you connect to PC which will turn the backlight right down.

In 2xx series, to search for a particular already-known-name POI go Where To? > Points of Interest > Spell. Or you can search by category. What's the problem you're having? [of course I've got one, wotcha think I am, a total peasant?].
    Damn, most excellent tip on the brightness!! Thanks mate.
    When I search for POI (not category) via spell by name, it seems to look for all of them in certain radius? It takes a long, long, long time to finish. How can I shorten the time? Can the search radius be decreased?

Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Damn, most excellent tip on the brightness!! Thanks mate.
    NP. You're bill's getting pretty big. I prefer cash rather than thanks.

When I search for POI (not category) via spell by name, it seems to look for all of them in certain radius? It takes a long, long, long time to finish. How can I shorten the time? Can the search radius be decreased?
    Check that you have the 'Near' preference set for 'Where I am Now' before you do a name search, even doing a search with just two letters it should be almost instant with that set. This is from a 260W but 2x0 has the same:

Near 2xx

Pics are extra 5 bux each btw. I count the above as two.

Money is not a problem. How much will it cost? $100 USD ok?

Only ONE Benjamin?! Oh, all right. It's against the rules to take your pittance anyway so please do what I do with C-notes and light a nice cigar with it.

Are you finished picking my brain now? Anything more you'd like to know about your pre-Jurassic nuvi 200? Two more free shots .. how's that sound?