Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Case 1, you have a planned route and you deviates from it (because of accident or you didn't follow direction), proggy should tell you how to get back on the route. This is the arrow direction and distance shown in alert icon area of cockpit.

Case 2, you have a planned route but got redirection because of traffic, you should see notification in cockpit. I don't know if you tested this case yet.

Case 3, you don't have planned route, you don't get any notification nor alert for restriction. Like I said, if you see restriction signs (that doesn't rotate nor have distance), it's most likely from turn_restriction.zip

If you're talking about using truck.zip so you get alert icons in cockpit, proggy knows and report the necessary data in variables used in truck.zip (look at the codes for those variables)
    The routing engine flagged truck restriction and the mapping engine will populate those variables to be used in truck.zip This is the reason why I wasn't sure if it was working or not (because I can't test it when driving). Those variables will only get flagged if the conditions are correct.
    Case 1 - I think I did this test with bridge height scenario I described earlier. So, in this case navi tried to reroute me on different road, but I still followed my route and I got the warning window.

Case 2 - unfortunately, I live in Bulgaria and we don't have TMC here. But, I think if the programm is capable of rerouting with truck restriction in mind, there is no matter what the reason for rerouting is - TMC message, drivers wish to not follow the road or any other.

Case 3 - I do driving mostly without planned route, so I constantly see the blue signs with distance. Never tried turn_restriction ux, so I don't know what kind of notification it should provide, but I think it should be something similar to "simple" drivers alert (e.g. "Overtake forbidden" or "Pedestrian crossing").

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo Palinckx View Post
    Just to be clear, i deleted this version with Pongo skin, and gonna test monday with a fresh instal of Gift without skin and licenses and with truck(world)ux
    @Ludo
    BTW, what kind of navi/radio is in your SCANIA? Is it ANDROID based? How it updates maps & files? Is it network connected - cellular or something else?

Regarding the restriction data, I still think that there are some road segments in the maps, that miss this information or it is incomplete or (worst case) wrong.
    For example, because Bulgaria is a small country and is outside of the scope of the map makers (Here & TomTom mostly), there is a lot of wrong data in maps - wrong speed limit, for example, or turn restrictions or embeded POI in the map. I drive every day near POI of a petrol-station in the middle of nowhere and I know for sure that there was never ever been a station there. Just imagine a drivers confusion, if he/she relays on this station, because in a circle of 10-15km there is no other. Maybe same with truck-data in The Netherlands?

Regards.
    Last edited by Boki; 14th March 2018 at 09:50 PM.

2.    Advertissements

Member +

@The Bookworm,

I do agree it is not always 100% accurat, and i do think there are some things missing or incomplete in the FTR or Map files for the Netherlands, i don't think it has something to do with Nextgen of any version, i tried the same route with different ones and i get no other route planned or warnings.

For the Scania radio they don't give any information, Ive got the Premium Scania Radio, it's is a Bosch 7 620 000 063 unit, i think it's Windows os, and i can't get in the menu for update anything, only thing you do can is buy a micro-sd card with map updates.
    It doesn't have a internet connection, it get TMC from radio signals, no cellular either, just a Radio/CD/ combi with USB, Bluetooth and touchscreen for navigation.
    Thing is, i don't wanna loose the radio, because i have a integrated telephone system, and full steering wheel control, if i change it for by example a Pioneer, than i loose most of the steering wheel control functions and telephone, they do sell a interface for it, but not all functions work, the microphone is integrated in my seat for example.

If you can help me out, please let me know.

Spoiler: Scania Premium Radio

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Grtz. Ludo.

Hello All, i tested today the program iGO NextGen 9.18.27.687519 from Jan 26 2017 without a skin and only added the Truck(World) Ux zip.

I only can tell right now, i don't see any differences in route calculation, warnings or others, it's all the same as descriped in my post 111.

If you wan't to change or try something, just let me know, for now i leave the program the way it is, all original and do some more testing.

Grtz. Ludo.
    Last edited by Boki; 23rd December 2018 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo Palinckx View Post
    Hello All, i tested today the program iGO NextGen 9.18.27.687519 from Jan 26 2017 without a skin and only added the Truck(World) Ux zip.

I only can tell right now, i don't see any differences in route calculation, warnings or others, it's all the same as descriped in my post 111.
    Same with NEXTGEN 9.18.27.705829... There is no Extended setting for the truck (or any other vehicle).
    I have tested it like it came for install and also tried to make a "mish mash" - erasing original ux's and copying the ones from working version (Israel/Gift). No luck. Then for final test I replaced the data.zip with the same result.
    So, it seems (at least for me) that WORLD versions are not capable of handling extended settings.

Important User Truck support in NG versions
    Truck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versions

Quote Originally Posted by the_bookworm View Post
    So, it seems (at least for me) that WORLD versions are not capable of handling extended settings.
    Yes, this is what I found for NextGen9.18.27.693527-World(14Mar2017) as well and had posted early in this thread. The reason is the truck "license flag" is never true; this led me to believe either it's not "fully" cracked or not fully implemented (map engine can't handle truck data)
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 19th September 2017 at 10:04 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

iGO Enthusiast Truck support in NG versions
    Truck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versions

Truck support is implemented in software code. Not in extra plug in.
    UX is just an interface for software possibilities.
    For now - NOT implemented in latest World & Basar.

Cr@cking the program to work with licenses or without, is another story.
    Last edited by Boki; 20th September 2017 at 07:19 AM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Truck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versions

You are wrong. "Truck restrictions" are done in many places. In core/base codes such as: mapping engine and routing engine; and in presentation layer codes such as: UX's and skin. They ALL have to work to get "full" capability. I already posted proof of that. Please do NOT say things you do not know.
    A "good" cracked program will fixed/replaced libraries with those capabilities. Cracking isn't just for fixing licenses. If it can't do it (especially when World release note said "truck restriction" was added) then it's not "fully" cracked. And as I already said, the license flag was false.

News flash: UX's are "software code"

iGO Enthusiast Truck support in NG versions
    Truck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versionsTruck support in NG versions

Truck data for restrictions are written in fbl and ftr files. I didn't say anything about that.
    Truck support depends only of software version/edition, I said.
    Truck ux for World is 48kB.
    There is no truck ux in AVIC/Basar/Gift/Israel/T4A/Szulin
    Vehicle Selection ux is arround ~70kB for all versions, approximately the same content is in each.

If you interchange files, happens...nothing.
    Payed versions of world for example still do not have extended settings for truck. That have nothing to do with patching software. Stop guessing.
    Last edited by Boki; 20th September 2017 at 07:59 PM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Global Moderator Truck support in NG versions
    Truck support in NG versions

We could guess what could or should be if something would or not be done one or another way.
    It does not matter where or how (internally) is some function supported in some program.
    It is, but not for this discussion.

Important are real useful functions of navigation.

Only "upgrade" of functionality is available by adding truck.zip from World to them, and we could discuss about their truck support as they are with or without it.

So all this theoretic (what if) discussions are pointless (off topic).
    Last edited by Midnight Blues; 20th September 2017 at 08:21 PM.
    NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
    MB Moon night sky
    Please read: >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<, >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]< and >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<
    Password for all my uploads (if needed): gpspower.net

Truck support in NG versions

Hello,

Remember my earlier post's about Height Limit signaling?
    Some have claimed that they are incomplete and that there are no warning icons on the map during real drive.
    Hocus Pocus - they are?

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

PS.Special thanks to Boki_Srb and Midnight Blues!Many thanks for your recent comments and remarks.
    regards wojpen
    Last edited by Boki; 23rd December 2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: image links correction
    Password for My Files: wojpen
    User (when necessary): wojpen
    Closed Link - Please PM
    regards

Quote Originally Posted by Boki_Srb View Post
    Truck data for restrictions are written in fbl and ftr files. I didn't say anything about that.
    Truck support depends only of software version/edition, I said.
    Truck ux for World is 48kB.
    There is no truck ux in AVIC/Basar/Gift/Israel/T4A/Szulin
    Vehicle Selection ux is arround ~70kB for all versions, approximately the same content is in each.

If you interchange files, happens...nothing.
    Payed versions of world for example still do not have extended settings for truck. That have nothing to do with patching software. Stop guessing.
    Really? If truck restriction data is in .fbl then why have .ftr? And what happen when you don't use .ftr, you still get truck restriction? Who is guessing now?

No, you said "Truck support is implemented in software code. Not in extra plug in." Which is WRONG! So stop trying to rewrite what you said.

You can look at size all you want, it really doesn't tell you much. You must examine the codes. Fact is fact, code don't lie. There must be some change in core codes between World and Gift (at least in regard to truck restriction). Gift allow truck restriction and World doesn't. Why? Simple, World doesn't have truck restriction license enabled. Period! License is ONE of many criteria that must be met before you get truck restriction functionality.
    Yeah, more "guessing"
    Spoiler: .

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

If you do not use (or can't use) truck.zip UX, you won't get certain functionality. If you are happy without it, good for you. Just because some proggy doesn't have (or can't use) truck.zip UX, doesn't mean you have full truck restriction. So the requirement of needing/using truck.zip UX said nothing about how truck restriction are implemented. Look at World, no need to use the bogus truck.zip UX that comes with it, you still can't access extended settings.

Nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blues View Post
    We could guess what could or should be if something would or not be done one or another way.
    It does not matter where or how (internally) is some function supported in some program.
    It is, but not for this discussion.

Important are real useful functions of navigation.

Only "upgrade" of functionality is available by adding truck.zip from World to them, and we could discuss about their truck support as they are with or without it.

So all this theoretic (what if) discussions are pointless (off topic).
    OP asked a question and as far as I'm concerned it has been answered. There is no "guess" in what I say, just look at the codes. You can take truck.zip from Avic (if you change Arimi's mod) not just World and it will work. They have similar code base. Compare them and you shall see. And as I said before, if you are comfortable with just the "basic" truck restriction, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by wojpen View Post
    Hello,

Remember my earlier post's about Height Limit signaling?
    Some have claimed that they are incomplete and that there are no warning icons on the map during real drive.
    Hocus Pocus - they are?

-= Hidden Content =-

PS.Special thanks to Boki_Srb and Midnight Blues!Many thanks for your recent comments and remarks.
    regards wojpen
    Quite incredible that you keep insisting on speedcam being part of the truck restriction subsystem. Your "properly prepared speedcam.zip file" was to show a single class (Max Height) as a speedcam alert (NOT TRUCK ALERT) Why don't you "properly prepare" a "Max Weight" alerts for use by speedcam.zip as well. While at it, also hazard transport. So users have to collect all truck related "speedcam data" to use for truck alerts? Nonsense, truck restriction data comes from .ftr ONLY!
    Last edited by Boki; 14th March 2018 at 09:48 PM.