Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Master

Actually, you want to open the .rar file (using WinRAR, for example), then go into the "DECENT_SKIN_6.5.1_MULTI_FOR-P2.4" directory and from there, extract it to the "main" Primo folder on your SD card (where the Primo executable is) - it will put everything where it needs to be. The Decent skin is very powerful and includes some UX add-ons along with the skin, so it's more than just a single .zip file.

As with any change, I would make a backup of your SD card, just to be safe.

Also, here is an example screenshot of the skin, just so you have some idea of what it looks like - these pictures are annotated to show you what each of the "hotspots" do as well... Hope that helps! Pink circles are "hidden" hotspots. A lot of this can be changed (this skin adds a lot of options).

Hotspots when no route is defined:
    Spoiler: TOO BIG PIC 1
    6df1091ce5acb8942d034092331878a7

Additional hotspots when you have a route defined:
    Spoiler: TOO BIG PIC 2
    cfd22f8a456550fb7a3525e898f46946

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Boki; 18th September 2017 at 08:55 PM.

2.    Advertissements

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Actually, you want to open the .rar file (using WinRAR, for example), then go into the "DECENT_SKIN_6.5.1_MULTI_FOR-P2.4" directory and from there, extract it to the "main" Primo folder on your SD card (where the Primo executable is) - it will put everything where it needs to be. The Decent skin is very powerful and includes some UX add-ons along with the skin, so it's more than just a single .zip file.

As with any change, I would make a backup of your SD card, just to be safe.

Also, here is an example screenshot of the skin, just so you have some idea of what it looks like - these pictures are annotated to show you what each of the "hotspots" do as well... Hope that helps! Pink circles are "hidden" hotspots. A lot of this can be changed (this skin adds a lot of options).

Hotspots when no route is defined:
    6df1091ce5acb8942d034092331878a7

Additional hotspots when you have a route defined:
    cfd22f8a456550fb7a3525e898f46946

Thank you for the detailed instructions - the skin worked perfectly Newbie Question regarding destination summary screen...I like it...I'm going to try it for a few days and see how it performs.

I did try to amend the sys.text file to remove the destination screen but that didnt work I'm afraid :-(

Getting there slowly.....Newbie Question regarding destination summary screen

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Master

Can you please post your sys.txt and the size of your data.zip file (in bytes)?

I did test today that I do NOT get the "Destination" screen, even with the stock skin (when using my Primo 2.4 (9.6.13.405512) setup) - as long as I have the "remove_reached_destination=1" option in sys.txt.

@wezly - are you now running the 405512 version that I provided above? If so, I'm going to supply my data.zip next - I think I customized my from another version in order to fix a crash when viewing the historical traffic overview - or something like that - so maybe my data.zip and/or branding.zip is related... I'll see if I can find what file deals with that sys.txt option as well...

Last edited by Boki; 20th September 2017 at 07:22 AM.

Member +

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Can you please post your sys.txt and the size of your data.zip file (in bytes)?

I did test today that I do NOT get the "Destination" screen, even with the stock skin (when using my Primo 2.4 (9.6.13.405512) setup) - as long as I have the "remove_reached_destination=1" option in sys.txt.

@wezly - are you now running the 405512 version that I provided above? If so, I'm going to supply my data.zip next - I think I customized my from another version in order to fix a crash when viewing the historical traffic overview - or something like that - so maybe my data.zip and/or branding.zip is related... I'll see if I can find what file deals with that sys.txt option as well...

Sorry for the late reply - was away with work

Anyway - The version im using is 9.6.13267029 Nov 6 2012 - I decided to use what I had as I didn't want the Honda button on the front screen and the other link that was provided, I couldn't get my maps to work with it
    My data.zip file is 52.9 MB (55,549,952 bytes) in size and i've attached my sys.txt file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Master

Quote Originally Posted by wezly View Post
    Sorry for the late reply - was away with work

Anyway - The version im using is 9.6.13267029 Nov 6 2012 - I decided to use what I had as I didn't want the Honda button on the front screen and the other link that was provided, I couldn't get my maps to work with it
    My data.zip file is 52.9 MB (55,549,952 bytes) in size and i've attached my sys.txt file
    Ok, 2 things to try:

1. I wonder if you need to remove the "save" folder in order to get that remove_reached_destination option to work... However, this will remove your favorites, history, settings, etc (you can save them by saving certain files in "save" though - or better yet, just rename save to save.old - then we can "restore" your history and favorites later if you need to)

or, if that doesn't work...

2. Try replacing just the main Primo .exe file with the 405512 version from my archive - you must use the version that ends in WD (the CN version is only for China maps). This version should work with ANY maps (except for China maps, I guess).

I did scan the Primo .exe files for both 267029 and 405512 and they both have the "remove_reached_destination" option in them, so I have a feeling that you need to remove the save directory to get that option working (with either 267029 or 405512).

I'm 100% positive that we can get this working if you are really interested. At first, just try renaming the save directory to "save.old" - then if everything works, we can copy your history and favorites back from the "save.old" directory later...

iGO Enthusiast Newbie Question regarding destination summary screen
    Newbie Question regarding destination summary screenNewbie Question regarding destination summary screenNewbie Question regarding destination summary screenNewbie Question regarding destination summary screenNewbie Question regarding destination summary screenNewbie Question regarding destination summary screenNewbie Question regarding destination summary screen

Quote Originally Posted by wezly View Post
    .. The version im using is 9.6.13267029 Nov 6 2012 - I decided to use what I had as I didn't want the Honda button on the front screen and the other link that was provided, I couldn't get my maps to work with it
    mr.Wezly, I have a strong feeling that you did not listen to my instructions.
    You did not even try the package that I recommended.
    Absolutely without branding. Data zip for 480res is ~13MB, for 800res package ~28MB.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have not used WinCE for the last year.

The program i was using for navigation is in the link above.

It is Primo 2.4xxxx40552.

It is the UK version with TTs voices and 2016/Q3 maps.

Try it and if you like it i will send you 2017/Q2 maps.

It loads with the Vauxhall logo+Primo 2.4 logo.

Global Moderator Newbie Question regarding destination summary screen
    Newbie Question regarding destination summary screen

Dear wezly

Please test suggested programs.
    If only thing you don't like is booting logo, it's easiest thing to change of all possible changes in program.
    You can have any picture you like, even picture of your dog, cat or snake if you have one
    Last edited by Midnight Blues; 21st September 2017 at 01:31 PM.
    NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
    MB Moon night sky
    Please read: >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<, >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]< and >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<
    Password for all my uploads (if needed): gpspower.net

Member +

Hi Midnight/Boki,

I had an issue where I couldn't get my maps to work on the build Boki suggested. I'm going to give it a try again with Boki's and jtroskys suggestions and see if I can get it working and report back

Try the one in my link above. You may be surprised.