Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)

Hi y'all! I got update for my Nexus 5x (Android Oreo) and after install I've noticed that my iGO is no longer working. I mean it's working but screen is black. I can hear sounds when I tap on the screen but that is it. I use this version of iGO Primo 9.6.29.625822

Is there any fix for this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Best

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)
    iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)iGO Primo and Android "Oreo" (8.x)

You tried to uninstall/clear cache/restart/install again?

Dear users
    Do not give suggestions on using the NextGen.
    Do not write about your problems with NextGen and Oreo.
    This is topic about Primo and attempts to make it work.
    Thank you

Thread cleaned
    Last edited by Boki; 5th February 2018 at 07:21 AM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

@Boki_Srb yeah, I did that few times, still the same. Even tried to delete save folder and run once again..... same thing happen! It works but screen is black, I can hear sounds and that is all.

iGO Enthusiast iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)
    iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)

I guess it is up to driver, but I have not yet had the opportunity to come in touch with Oreo. Try to experiment changing values in sys.txt, under [rawdisplay] section.
    for example
    force_renderer="RENDER_MOYA"
    driver=GX; GDI, or "engine", or "gles", or...search for more, someone will suggest more solutions. May not seem logical, but in such cases you do not know what will work.
    Btw, under
    [debug]
    put line
    show_rawdisplay_info=1 ; handy for seeing what igo chooses as display driver (when you put auto)
    Last edited by Boki; 12th September 2017 at 07:36 PM.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

I have the same issue after upgrading my ROM on Nougat 7.1.1 OnePlus3 with latest OpenBeta. Happens on both iGO Basarsoft 9.18.27.709965 & iGO Navigation 9.18.27.705829. Will have to google more driver option to force. Only difference is that it starts with black screen and then shuts down. Last time this happened, newer version of software sorted the issue. Have already tried un-installing, clearing cashe, deleting Save folder and reinstalling.
    Perhaps running full debug may indicate the issue. Will have to Google the debug command for sys.txt. I deleted the sys.txt file that had the full debug log commands when I wiped my system ina n attempt to get it working again :-( (Forgot to back it up)

Hi Guys, I'll try what you suggested.

This post will be edited

Thanx y'all!

Hi,
    I have Nexus 5X and 6p, android oreo.
    I've tried all the combinations with:
    [rawdisplay]
    driver=SURFACE_ENGINE ;GDI GX engine gles
    force_renderer=RENDER_MOYA ;SOFTWARE_RENDER RENDER_GLES

Unfortunately it doesn't work, screen is still black.
    Additionally when I use value - gles, Primo starts and stops. Gles is useless for Nexus.

[debug]
    show_rawdisplay_info=1 ;gives driver=SURFACE_ENGINE

Of course NextGen works very well.

Global Moderator iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)
    iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)

I had problems with black screen on some devices, and came to conclusion it is video driver problem.

Best solution for those devices is to use NG.
    Last edited by Midnight Blues; 16th September 2017 at 04:16 PM.
    NO THANKS POSTS ALLOWED, NO LIKES NEEDED, ALL MIRRORS APPRECIATED
    MB Moon night sky
    Please read: >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<, >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]< and >[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<
    Password for all my uploads (if needed): gpspower.net

OK, so I've tried everything, no luck. NG works good on my phone (had to do some sys.txt for pointer size, it's freaking small and some DPI), but I'm used to iGO Primo

Anyway, I've noticed that NG on my Tablet (Lenovo 7 Tab3) fails after some time (Unfortunately, iGO has stopped working). I really have no clue what is going on. Not sure if modding sys.txt did that but I doubt.

Master iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x)iGO Primo and Android &quot;Oreo&quot; (8.x) Monky's Avatar

Hi navigators,

Two days ago, my SONY Xperia XZ was upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. On my mobile I have IGO Primo 9.6.29.636868. After changing the version of android IGO does not start. I think, IGO ​​is running in the background, but only a black screen appears.

Boki_Srb advised us to write to the sys.txt entry

[debug]
    show_rawdisplay_info = 1

and here is the result ...

I have tried all the possible and sys.txt modifications described in the section [rawdisplay], which have been dealt with by colleagues. I have not been able to wake up my beloved Primo. I do not want to surrender or install IGO Nextgen (in the summer I tested Nextgen and went back to IGO Primo, which worked great). Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem? Certainly it will be a little bit, but my ideas come ...

The resolution of my cell phone is here ...

Spoiler: screenshots
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thank you in advance to all u with some idea, because the upgrade android probably waits most navigators

Thanks Monky
    Last edited by Boki; 29th October 2017 at 11:19 AM.