Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Routes not loading/showing from SD card?

Issue is as follows: as long as I have maps and data in SD card iGo Primo (win) does not "see" kml files in route folder. Even when I point everything to SD card, it still does not show kml files in route folder.

I did numerous tricks but nothing seems to help. It does see them only when everything is in internal memory.
    Any ideas how to solve this?

My SYS file:

[folders]
    sdcardpath="\SDMMC"
    content="\SDMMC\Primo\content"
    map="\SDMMC\Primo\content\map"
    data="\SDMMC\Primo\content"
    poi="\SDMMC\Primo\content\poi"
    has_secondary_root=0
    ;secondary_root="\SDMMC\Primo"
    ;app="SDMMC\Primo"
    ;kmlpoi="\ResidentFlash\Primo\Content\userdata\poi"
    kmlroute="\ResidentFlash\Primo\Content\userdata\route"

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

2.    Advertissements

iGO Enthusiast Routes not loading/showing from SD card?
    Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?

This lines are bad:
    ;kmlpoi="\ResidentFlash\Primo\Content\userdata\poi"
    kmlroute="\ResidentFlash\Primo\Content\userdata\route"

Should be:
    kmlpoi="\SDMMC\Primo\content\userdata\poi"
    kmlroute="\SDMMC\Primo\content\userdata\route"
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.

Yes, I noticed and corrected path but it does not change a thing. Primo does still not see kml route files as long as maps are on SD card. Can not move them to internal memory, its too tiny, just 4GB.
    Any suggestions how to solve that?

Quote Originally Posted by olaviivalo View Post
    run primo from sdcard

Important User Routes not loading/showing from SD card?
    Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?

Yes, I noticed and corrected path but it does not change a thing. Primo does still not see kml route files as long as maps are on SD card. Can not move them to internal memory, its too tiny, just 4GB.
    Remove save directory. How big is your route file? It should fit on internal card. Post your route file.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Route file is small. This is not an issue. I have tested with and without "save" directory path and its still not working.
    As long as whole Primo setup, including maps, resides in internal memory everything works. I can import tracks. As soon as I move content (maps) or whole setup to SD card and point path there Primo stops seeing user routes.

Current sys file [folders] section looks like this atm.
    Spoiler: sys part
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

kml file below
    Spoiler: kml
    Code:

EDIT:

I solved it. I can now import.

Solution:
    1. Moved all content and program files to SD card
    2. Left in internal memory only copy of Primo.exe and sys.txt
    3. Changed [folders] as follows

Code:
    Last edited by Boki; 23rd August 2017 at 09:21 PM.

ok, but said run all primo from sdcard...this solve all unsolved

Important User Routes not loading/showing from SD card?
    Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?

I solved it. I can now import.

Solution:
    1. Moved all content and program files to SD card
    2. Left in internal memory only copy of Primo.exe and sys.txt
    3. Changed [folders] as follows

Code:
    Good. This is just one solution. The setting of the paths to kml and route directories should of worked. What is the full version of Primo you're using.

Update: I noticed the paths you give in the case that didn't work versus the case that it did, is different. You added \ at end for the case that worked. I'll bet it's your incorrect setting of the paths that's the problem.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 22nd August 2017 at 07:48 PM.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

Lightbulb

My primo version is 9.6.13.267029.
    What concerns path, then that's true, they are different. I tested it and presence or absence of trailing slash did not have any influence on the outcome, presentation of path with trailing slash looks (and is) more correct.

I could not run Primo directly off from SD card as I can not change the path or name of EXE file in the launcher (I got GoRider Excalibur GPS [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], it has the proprietary launcher. So far I have not figured out how to get to underlying Windows system and configuration files). The easiest way to solve it was just to point system to secondary root and its folders. Internal memory (4GB) has currently just two files/folders and they are there purely for forwarding purpose.

Another question emerged related to this:
    I noticed that Becker Mamba has a separate catalog for tracks (../userdata/tracks/) and read.me file there states that Becker will automatically convert any GPX file found automatically to Primo format. Is that someting specific to Becker or can this be done with any version of Primo?

iGO Enthusiast Routes not loading/showing from SD card?
    Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?Routes not loading/showing from SD card?

Mamba is NextGen, not Primo.
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.