Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default iGO with the TMC/RDS

Hello everyone, I wonder about a feature, I have Chinese car radio that does not have the TMC but the RDS, if I understood what I read on the internet, RDS and TMC are the same . Ie, retrieve data from radio waves, since the RDS transmits the data for the TMC ...

IGO should be able to use the RDS to operate the TMC, but none of my car stereos have access to TMC information

Is there a special configuration to be made in the sys.txt file or in the car radio?

Thank you for your help
    Last edited by Boki; 1st July 2017 at 10:47 AM.

2.    Advertissements

Important User iGO with the TMC/RDS
    iGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDS

RDS TMC (based on FM and required special hardware) is not the same as online TMC (based on connection to cell or internet). If you're using WinCE, most likely it's RDS TMC but if you're using android, it's most likely online TMC.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.

iGO Enthusiast iGO with the TMC/RDS
    iGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDSiGO with the TMC/RDS

Many time discussed problem.

To have TMC in WinCe standalone device (or in car) you need hardware to support it:
    - TMC antenna (with cable and connector)
    - TMC connector in device
    - TMC reciever in device (chip)
    AND:
    - software that support it (almost any iGO with proper dll files, or someone else - Mio, Navitel...etc)

If you do not have it, there is the possibility of buying an external receiver. Usually it is not profitable
    read this:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If your device have internet access (3G/4G, Wi-Fi), than it is possible to have TMC ONLINE:
    - android based devices
    - some factory devices with factory software (HU in cars)

FM transceiver (with or w/o RDS) have absolutely nothing with TMC receiver.

Last edited by Boki; 8th June 2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: typo correction
    Before asking a question, know it's already discussed here and at 99.9% is not unique. Use search.
    NO ONE IS A SEER, READ (click on): [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] <- Click!

Spoiler: obs
    Many questions become very arduous, a lot of time chewed deja vu...Since we have lost all the year of work and effort, many people have no will to answer the same questions again. Me neither. Use a search, please.