Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Windows Help with Igo Primo Average speed camera alerts (Win CE)

Hi,
    I recently installed Igo Primo Multi 2.0 - 9.6.2.209584 from
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (thanks to JOYTURKX for posting it)
    on my old Chinese 4.3" Windows CE sat nav. I then added UK Tom Tom maps and UK TTS voice. All is working well with only a few minor issues (long boot up time and reboots when exiting) but I have a problem with the average speed cameras. The regular speed camera warnings work well, before I added TTS I got quiet beeps when approaching and louder beeps when I need to slow down. When I added TTS it then also says a message which I am not bothered about. When I approach an average speed camera I get no audible warning, I see the icon on the map and sometimes I get an icon on the left showing my average speed. This additional icon also sometimes remains on the screen long after I have passed the zone. I would really like to have an audible warning when approaching the camera and a louder warning if I need to slow down, like I get with regular speed cameras.
    I have done a lot of googling and reading about the sys.txt file and I am just getting more confused. It looks to me like they are set up correctly and should say "Caution average speed camera ahead"

[speedcam_category:3]
    activated_spoken_type=speech
    activated_speech="Caution average speed camera ahead"
    ;overspeed_spoken_type=1
    warn_distances="150:2000,140:1800,130:1500,120:1400,110:1300,100:1200,90:1100,80:1000,60:700,50:600,40:500"

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
    JD

Spoiler: sys
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links

READ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by J D; 7th April 2017 at 09:37 PM.

2.    Advertissements

Hi,
    I still haven't found a solution to this problem. If anybody has got the audible alerts working for average speedcams on their Igo Primo Win CE (I don't know why it says Android before the heading of this post) then please upload the sys.txt so I can see if using it works on mine.
    Cheers
    JD

Important User Help with Igo Primo Average speed camera alerts
    Help with Igo Primo Average speed camera alertsHelp with Igo Primo Average speed camera alertsHelp with Igo Primo Average speed camera alertsHelp with Igo Primo Average speed camera alerts

If you got TTS alert working for other alerts, then there is no reason why it wouldn't work for "average speedcams" Your TTS voice config must have matching entry used in your sys.txt for the average speedcam.

I had the same problem with French TTS and as Osiris4isis say If you have a TTS alert working for other alerts, there is no reason why this would not work for "average speedcams".

The problem is not located in the Sys.txt but at the dictionary level.

You will need to check the dictionnary.voice file located in i18n.

Check the "Caution traffic light camera" line (use the Notepad ++ and the search function and do not extract the zip)
    GPS: TomTom ONE

Smartphone: THL T11 Android 4.2.2 Resolution 720x1280
    Sygic 14.3.4 IGO Primo 9.6.29.636868 Skins : Doupas V9.0h , Dimka/Frontzosd giphy

Thanks to osiris4isis & LouBouha for the replies.
    I don't think the problem is with the TTS as I don't even get the "beeps". Just to confirm that the TTS works okay I temporarily change the fixed speed cam entry
    [speedcam_category:0]
    activated_spoken_type=speech
    activated_speech="Caution speed camera ahead"
    changed to
    activated_speech="Caution average speed camera ahead"
    Now when I approach a fixed camera I get the beeps and a spoken message "Caution average speed camera ahead" so I now know it can say the message fine. The problem seems to be that is is not being triggered.
    With a non-TTS voice selected I get the warning beeps for fixed cams but nothing for average speed cams
    I am now wondering if the [speedcam_category:3] is the correct category, I have noticed that category 5 & 6 are not in the sys.txt. The speedcam database must have the correct categories as it triggers the on screen icon with the current average speed below.

Thanks
    J D

Help with Igo Primo Average speed camera alertsHelp with Igo Primo Average speed camera alertsHelp with Igo Primo Average speed camera alertsHelp with Igo Primo Average speed camera alerts

You've just confirmed that TTS is working and not necessary "TTS Pro" is working. For TTS to announce alerts, that alert text entry must exists in your TTS voice config file. That is there has to be a "translation" made for that alert that matches the default values or the values set in sys.txt The value is correct for Cat 0 that's why you're hearing it. But it might be wrong for Cat 3 "average speedcam" PM me the link to zippyshare.com that you've upload the TTS voice file you're using. BTW, Cat 5 is "Strelka Camera" and Cat 6 is "Railroad Crossing"

Help with Igo Primo Average speed camera alerts

[QUOTE=J
    J D[/QUOTE]

My friend,
    Read this topic_ [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] going to answer your questions there.

Speedcam configuration is the same in principle!

regards wojpen
    Password for My Files: wojpen
    User (when necessary): wojpen
    Closed Link - Please PM
    regards

The very knowledgeable osiris4isis solved this for me (by PM) so I thought I would post the method in case anybody else has the same problem.
    In the primo menus there is apparently normally an option to adjust alert types, this is not available on mine for speed cameras, only for things like railway crossings. It appears that is was disabled for average speed cameras so I added the line

speedcam_soundtype_3=2 ;(1) 1=warn if overspeed 2=approach

to the [warning] section of the sys.txt

Now I get a verbal warning when approaching, the quiet beeps when speed is okay and the loud beeps when I need to slow down. Just what I wanted. Many thanks again to osiris4isis.

Cheers
    J D

Some skins for Primo provide ability to do this inside proggy. If you want setting to apply to all alerts, add to sys.txt
    Spoiler: .

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

You can also also defaulted for all, then change it differently per individual alerts by putting the "overriding" setting afterward, like this
    Spoiler: .

This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Do not PM me with questions. That's what a forum is for.