Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Member +

I found a NA branding link still alive.

I'am not sure if it's the same file referred here but it's the only one I found.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

Master

Just an FYI - that branding.zip is for iGo 8 - won't work (properly) with Primo. I've never found a really good branding.zip for Primo. I kind of gave up on it - I think I'll just stick with the stock icons - they at least have a nice, clean, consistent look.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

Member +

I know it was not working with NextGen but I thought it was at leat compatible with Primo 1.2. Regardless, I am on NextGen and I was just interested in the icons file within the Branding file.

Hopefully, I will be able to plug in the icons file into a NextGen compatible Branding file at a later date. Somehow I suspect it might not be as straight forward as I hope.

What software will open and manipulate the content of the poi.icons file in branding.zip?

Thanks

I finally got my branding.zip working on NextGen. I am now working on developing a version with North American POIs and it is a shame to see that beautiful ICON pack gone to waste.

There is about 30 potential users who showed an interest in these icons. Has anyone still got a copy?

This is the most beautiful I have ever seen for NA and I really need it. There is not a single comprehensive Branding file tailored for the North American market. It's about time to do something about it.

try this one:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Member +

Thanks nawaf. I downloaded the file and will have a look at later. I just quickly opened the zip and was surprised to see that it was a Nextgen version. So this is not the same file as discussed in this thread. I must go out now. I will check its content this afternoon. Hopefully, it's the same icon pack already packaged for Nextgen. It would make my life easier.

Thanks Nawaf for your branding file. It is definitely a European Branding with many International companies. These International icons could be used as a starting point for an North American Branding but too many icons are missing to be used as is.

I am still interested in the branding posted in #1. If anyone has it, please post it.

Thanks

Member +

This is the best Branding.zip for North America I found that works with Primo 2.4 WinCE @ 800x480.

It is not perfect but nothing is even close to it and I looked at dozens of these branding files. The only problem with it and most other branding file I looked at is that the icons are not uniformed, many are different sizes and resolutions (they were originally all made by different people for different purposes). As result, some of the icons will NOT display at certain zoom level and of course it doesn't include every possible icon.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by upsss; 2nd February 2016 at 04:08 AM.

Member + North American Branding (work in progress)North American Branding (work in progress)North American Branding (work in progress) zzyzxroad's Avatar

hi everyone, I'm back!
    After my holidays I reinstalled windows 7, and I don't know why but I couldn't log in to the forum anymore. Last week I upgraded to Windows 10, and I can log in again.

So I haven't forgot about you guys and I'll try to get things going again in the next couple of months.

I checked out those branding just posted, and although they have a few NA icons, they are still mainly European. Actually the NextGen is focused more Brazilian Franchises.

I know my Branding is not perfect and it doesn't work on all platforms, but I will try to make it run for everybody.

I have a version where I changed some icon sizes.

Remember:
    I'm doing this for fun
    I'm not an artist
    I'm not a coder
    I'm doing this for MYSELF, but I thought I would share

Please try it, if you like it GREAT, if you don't please don't Bitch that it doesn't work. There are other European/Brazilian/Russian/North American Hybrids out there to choose from.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button to see Attachments.
    Last edited by zzyzxroad; 21st March 2016 at 08:21 PM.

Works great on my Android s5 phone. I do have a question [not a criticism]. I wear glasses. How would I [or you] go about increasing the font size especially when using the search for POIs?

Member + North American Branding (work in progress)North American Branding (work in progress)North American Branding (work in progress) zzyzxroad's Avatar

I'm glad it's working on your S5.

As far as the fonts, there are a LOT of places in the DATA and SKIN where fonts and their sizes could be changed, but to figure out which one could be a nightmare. In the DATA there is a subfolder for fonts, and what I did was rename a font that I wanted to use to the default font name. For example, I use "hit the road", which is the same font as you would see on hiway signs. I renamed it "tahoma.ttf" then copied to the font folder overwriting the default one. It doesn't work on all fonts though. I believe I downloaded a half dozen hiway sign fonts, and only one worked.
    Last edited by zzyzxroad; 22nd March 2016 at 08:59 PM.

Member +

Thanks zzyzxroad,

I downloaded your branding file last week but never had time till today to view it and I must say, I am impressed. Very nice. I viewed the icons with an icon viewer so I do not know the way they will show on my setup.

Tomorrow, I will try your branding with Nextgen but I think Primo branding files are not compatible. If it does not work, I will convert it. I did it before.