Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Preboot mode for GNV 53?
    Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?

You can't access the unit's internal memory menu to change anything in it and Garmin mode is done via settings. I'm uncertain if GVN53 has a Garmin mode setting anyway. It thinks it's an Edge500, and maybe Edge does have Garmin mode but because you can't boot into the unit to check settings you can't change to it anyway. Not sure what you could do in Garmin mode to help anyway, and as the unit is trying to boot as an Edge it would feasibly would be able to access preboot as an Edge, but the way to access preboot on an Edge depending on model is to hold down either the Page/Menu or the Lap/Reset button and then connect to the PC. The problem is what would you now press on the GVN hardware flashed as an Edge?

If you could find out how it was flashed to Edge you could then maybe flash it back to GVN the same way. GVNs have a Developer Mode via serial using the TX, RX and Digital Grid wires, maybe that's how it was wrongly flashed? If so, that function is almost certainly disabled because it's an Edge in everything but hardware.

The problems seem insurmountable at my amateur level:
    • It cannot access preboot to flash an RGN file.
    • It cannot read from SD Card to do txt commands.
    • It cannot flash from a GUPDATE.GCD file.

To me the deafening silence from our very capable and usually most willing Navigation Software Experts means they can't help either. I was hopeful that someone would be able to write some code into ldr.bin to force preboot or SD txt commands. Without such 'magik' i think it's unrecoverable. I'm so sorry i'm not able to help you.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

2.    Advertissements

so...what should I do next....please....

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Preboot mode for GNV 53?
    Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?Preboot mode for GNV 53?

What next? Wait for someone more knowledgeable to post here maybe. Or you could seek help elsewhere, maybe from Garmin but i doubt they even support the GVNs now and even so the cost of an exchange unit would be far more than you could buy another 2nd hand unit for.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

k....everybody r welcome.....