Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Street names are not announced

My TTS Voices all of a sudden stopped announcing the street names. What is more is that 3-4 seconds after the normal close of Primo, I get the error message shown in the given attachment. What does this mean and how can I get rid of it?
    Thank you in advance.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2.    Advertissements

Important User Street names are not announced
    Street names are not announcedStreet names are not announcedStreet names are not announcedStreet names are not announced

Your iGO process crashed. You might want to mention what version you are using. Try a different voice file then try a different iGO version to see if it help.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Your iGO process crashed. You might want to mention what version you are using. Try a different voice file then try a different iGO version to see if it help.
    Thank you for your reply. As a matter of fact the problem with the voice has been resolved by modifying the Sys.txt. So, only the problem with the iGO stop message remains. Please note that the program runs quite well and this massage shows up 3 to 4 seconds after the normal exit the program by the user on the main screen, as you see on the attached photo. That's why I don't think the iGO process is crashed.
    Thanks again

Master

Is this a new problem (where it says that the igo process ended) after exiting iGo - or has it always done this? I've seen Android apps do this before when exiting. It really is crashing - it's just not exiting properly for some reason.

If this is a new problem, then you might want to try clearing the application cache from within Settings->Applications - just to see if that helps. You can also try clearing the application data as well if clearing the cache doesn't work, but that will erase all application settings. This is just a generic troubleshoot approach for Android apps in general - not sure if it will fix your problem or not.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

Street names are not announcedStreet names are not announcedStreet names are not announcedStreet names are not announced

Quote Originally Posted by soter retos View Post
    Thank you for your reply. As a matter of fact the problem with the voice has been resolved by modifying the Sys.txt. So, only the problem with the iGO stop message remains. Please note that the program runs quite well and this massage shows up 3 to 4 seconds after the normal exit the program by the user on the main screen, as you see on the attached photo. That's why I don't think the iGO process is crashed.
    Thanks again
    1. That message is generated by android on behalf of iGO; now, iGO could exit ok but passed wrong return code to OS, but I don't think that is the case. I'm pretty sure iGO process crapped out on you.
    2. When you exit iGO, it doesn't shut down immediately, it take a few seconds and between that time, it will try to display an exiting bitmap (if configured to do so) or flush it's image buffer. So just because it take some time and you see an android background doesn't mean iGO exit gracefully. Is crash.txt generated?
    3. Crashing could be caused by many reasons: bad cracked, bad skin, bad sys.txt, bad data.zip/branding.zip, bad license, etc...I had asked you what version you're running but you didn't replied. I also recommended installing a different version to see if crashing still exists.

1. That message is generated by android on behalf of iGO; now, iGO could exit ok but passed wrong return code to OS, but I don't think that is the case. I'm pretty sure iGO process crapped out on you.
    2. When you exit iGO, it doesn't shut down immediately, it take a few seconds and between that time, it will try to display an exiting bitmap (if configured to do so) or flush it's image buffer. So just because it take some time and you see an android background doesn't mean iGO exit gracefully. Is crash.txt generated?
    3. Crashing could be caused by many reasons: bad cracked, bad skin, bad sys.txt, bad data.zip/branding.zip, bad license, etc...I had asked you what version you're running but you didn't replied. I also recommended installing a different version to see if crashing still exists.
    The exiting bitmap is displayed normally for a while when exiting, if that means anything to you.
    How can I tell whether Crash.txt is generated?
    The version is 9.6.29.603974
    Isn't there an order or something in the Sys.txt to force program to stop instantaneously when exiting?
    Last edited by soter retos; 23rd January 2016 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Is this a new problem (where it says that the igo process ended) after exiting iGo - or has it always done this? I've seen Android apps do this before when exiting. It really is crashing - it's just not exiting properly for some reason.

If this is a new problem, then you might want to try clearing the application cache from within Settings->Applications - just to see if that helps. You can also try clearing the application data as well if clearing the cache doesn't work, but that will erase all application settings. This is just a generic troubleshoot approach for Android apps in general - not sure if it will fix your problem or not.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk
    Yes, this is a new problem that, as far as I remember, has been aroused after having done program re-installation for some reason, that has nothing to do with the matter under discussion.
    Clearing the program cache didn't make any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by soter retos View Post
    The exiting bitmap is displayed normally for a while when exiting, if that means anything to you.
    How can I tell whether Crash.txt is generated?
    The version is 9.6.29.603974
    Isn't there an order or something in the Sys.txt to force program to stop instantaneously when exiting?
    You're running Israel free version, get a different version and see if same problem occurred. What is OS version? Are you using ART or Davik?

You're running Israel free version, get a different version and see if same problem occurred. What is OS version? Are you using ART or Davik?
    I just tried the 9.6.29.595985 version, but the program won't start with this.
    My O.S. is Android 5.0.1 (Samsung Galaxy S4).
    I don't know what ART and/or Davik is.
    What version would you recommend for my case?
    Thank you

Why don't you try [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] The problem with new and fancy phones is that proggies don't support them too well.