Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Default primo 2.4 nextgen skin

OK i have tried to get on with nextgen and while it is very good and clean it just doesnt seem to work for me.Maybe i got one with some files missing?
    problems are-
    No auto shutdown when power is disconnected
    Try as i might i just cannot get the tts to work
    Very few options to allow me to get it looking as i want
    Some skins are available but they dont give me many more options than normal although they do look good
    Cannot put multiple skins in and then choose which one i want as Nextgen doesnt show the skin name.(I have tried to put a skin changer into Nextgen but it doesnt seem to work)
    Roads are way to narrow they need to be about 10% larger otherwise it can get confused about which road you are on
    If you turn off announcment for some things like some street signs then you lose all announcments for everything including turn voice.(This is really annoying!!)

So i think i am going to stick with Primo 2.4 for the time being untill more things become available for nextgen.
    One question though.Does anyone know if there is a skin out there for Primo 2.4 to make it look like Nextgen?

2.    Advertissements

From Nextgen select "content/schemes/nextgen day(nextgen night)

Copy these and paste into the same folder in Primo 2.4.

For TTS to work you must modify the voice directory in the "voice" folder.

The roads can be made wider by including the "width_road" plug-in in the UX folder

The fonts for road names can be made larger with a simple "sys.txt" entry.

Different skins can only be used by changing the plug-in in the UX folder.

Are you using WinCE or Android?

I use nextgen v 543580j with the skin_nextgen_by_pongo. This is very like Primo 2.4.9.6.13.405512 running with he DimkaWA_P_174 skin.
    Last edited by 1franka; 18th January 2016 at 08:06 PM.

yes that is the one i am using as well on win ce 6.it seems that when they redesigned it they took out a lot of stuff that makes it a lot easier to use,like auto power off when power disconnected,so i will carry on with primo for a while.i still think i may have got one with some files missing or corrupted so i will keep an eye out for some differant ones.