Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

help Intermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TV

Hello have a Garmin 2580TV , I even can not turn a lifetime subscription to TMC , however, need to know if the GTM25 cable is compatible with this model .

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Intermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TV
    Intermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TV

I don't think the SAm 2580TV was ever bundled with a traffic receiver, but it says in the specifications that it's traffic compatible although there's no GTMxx listed under 'Accessories':
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    However the Quick Start Guide has this to say:

2580 TV traffic

The FM traffic of GTM25/26 should work ok if the 2590TV can indeed use traffic. However those chargers only have output of 5 Volts 1 Amp and most modern Garmins [post-2010 models] need more current to both charge and run the unit at the same time. The later units GTM25/36 have 2 A output.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Thanks for the reply NEIL , however, was doubts and are simple: I want to know what the differences between a cable that is GTM25 and GTM 36, because this device my really works TMC , however, with the GTM 25 it recognizes the traffic when off and connects again, disappeared all over again. What is the reason to do this ?

Intermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TVIntermittent traffic with nuvi 2580TV

Quote Originally Posted by fminguser View Post
    Thanks for the reply NEIL , however, was doubts and are simple: I want to know what the differences between a cable that is GTM25 and GTM 36, because this device my really works TMC
    The big difference is in the power available as i said before. Newer devices are backwardly compatible with the FM TMC part of the GTM2x and GTM3x is otherwise basically the same.

however, with the GTM 25 it recognizes the traffic when off and connects again, disappeared all over again. What is the reason to do this ?
    Maybe it's a problem with the traffic signal not being reliably received. Try connecting an external antenna to the FM module.
    Code:
    More trouble shooting here:
    Code:
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Hello Neil, remember that I said about adding traffic and suddenly all disappear? I found the real problem, it is related is not the cable compatibility but internal problems of electronic cable, simply changed and he recognized RDS perfectly. Thanks for the comments above, I checked all the addresses and they helped me a lot and help those who have doubts about the internal behavior of these cables and their original specifications GTM Traffic.

To repeat: It works perfectly in a GTM25.

Hug.

Just to clarify what i meant in case you misunderstood this:
    The big difference is in the power available as i said before. Newer devices are backwardly compatible with the FM TMC part of the GTM2x and GTM3x is otherwise basically the same.
    By that i'm saying there would not a compatibility problem at all, as the traffic workings of all GTM25/26/35/36 are basically the same when used in newer units [it the reciprical which is a problem, some older devices cannot use GTM35/36, only GTM25/26. You may still find that a GTM25/26 will have a problem maintaining the charge in your modern unit while navigating however and it's feasible that the unit will at times draw more from the battery than the charger is capable of delivering [in excess of 1 Amp]. Not a big problem if you have the battery fully charged before you start navigating anyway. GTM25 have a known problem where the FM module fails although normally it will fail totally rather than intermittently like yours did. That stated potential under-power is confined to the device, it's unrelated to power to the FM module of the traffic receiver, because it receives its power before the device does.

As this is not about enabling free traffic subscriptions, i'll move these posts from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to it's own Discussion thread. Glad you're sorted mate.

Hello Neil, continuing the subject: The new charger GTM 25 worked very well, strangely since the previous I checked on a Garmin Nuvi 1350 device prior to use the Nuvi 2580TV, 1350 functioned normally until then ... stopped for good it was for this reason that every time I added up the traffic, he disappeared to restart the 2580TV also regarding amperage charger is a problem I can solve because develop energy solutions to 2.8Amperes maximum current. Using TMC technology, it is possible to change; Now what concerns the GTM25 it can actually be having problems of lack of power when adapted, I believe that this can happen with the new cable, suggesting believe I set up a new board using the same components of garmin, only increasing slightly amperage of 1A to 2A. Proceeds?

I'm not an electronics technician however i can say that the device will only draw what it needs from the power source so if it needs 1.5A to function and the source is capable of delivering more, say 5A, there is no problem. But if it needs 1.5A and the source can only deliver 1A then there is a problem. So if you're asking will there be a problem with the nuvi if you can boost the GTM25's current output to 2A, then absolutely no there won't be provided that also voltage is maintained at ~5V only.