Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Important User Garmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilot
    Garmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilotGarmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilotGarmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilotGarmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilot

autovelox Garmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilot

Source: Cyclops safety_camera_US_Canada.gpi July-27-2015
    1. Extract 3 coords of Cyclops record and create "Along Road" alert using Circle List*
    2. Using predefined audio of "Tone" (ding, ding) since .wav or .mp3 won't work on Street Pilot
    3. Using 24x24 icons so it will show correctly on Street Pilot; icons are simple but should be clear to spot (ie: red camera for Redlight) Also for now, icon show where alert will start not where camera is at.
    4. For Redlight alert, streetview picture (if available) is included and general text indicating intersecting streetnames
    5. For non Redlight alert, mapview picture (if available) is included
    6. Alert has category and name (extracted from google map) with travelling direction (ie: NB means North Bound)**

* Work in progress and some tweaking may be required for accuracy
    ** This would allow searching and make simulating for testing of alerts possible

Spoiler: only streetview (small size)

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Spoiler: mapview & streetview

Stats:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Exclusively on gspower.net so password is same.

Instructions:
    1. Put the .gpi file(s) under ....\Garmin\POI directory of where you installed Street Pilot (on my Moto G, it's "My Computer\XT1028\Internal storage\Android\data\com.garmin.android.apps.gmobilext\files")
    2. Turn it on under menu: Settings->Proximity Alerts->Alerts->Custom POIs
    3. Check to see if it works by: Where To?->Categories->Travel Guide: Speedcam->Redlight, etc...
    4. Under it you should be able to search for the alert; the "i" button will show the StreetView or MapView (if any)

Testing:
    1. Put unit in "simulation" under menu: Settings->Navigation->GPS Simulator
    2. View your alert via "Where To?" ... press "i" button
    3. Then set your starting location around the alert via "Set Location" (make sure you select far enough back away from alert icon)
    4. Select ending location and make sure it goes far enough pass the alert in a desire direction and press "Go!" button
    5. When approaching alert, you should hear "ding, ding" and text bar on top of screen with "Alert: <Alert Category> <Alert Name> <Travel Direction>, ie: Alert: RedlightCam Concord Rd NB
    6. When approaching from opposite direction, you WILL hear "ding, ding" but WON'T see text bar on top.

Edit: The larger .gpi is not being recognized on my phone; so I do not know if it's a size issue or my phone issue.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 24th August 2015 at 06:26 AM.

2.    Advertissements

Excellent work osiris4isis. The larger one also doesn't work on my Note 3.

Garmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilotGarmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilotGarmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilotGarmin US/Canada directional alerts for StreetPilot

Quote Originally Posted by rw613 View Post
    Excellent work osiris4isis. The larger one also doesn't work on my Note 3.
    I suspected that it's a size problem for Street Pilot and not anything with my build. I will try to reduce it by
    1. Optimizing the jpg's
    2. Cutting out some of them

I'm already working on a better accuracy version and will upload as soon as I test it out.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 24th August 2015 at 06:23 AM.

Tested and it works. :-)

Thank you!

For those who are testing, could you tell me what kind of alert is category "Mobile"? There isn't any in my area so I do not know if it's a police car (no camera) or a mobile camera unit.

BTW, the larger (non working) .gpi is definitely a size problem. I've reduced it down to around 120MB for the next build and it's working, yay!
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 26th August 2015 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    For those who are testing, could you tell me what kind of alert is category "Mobile"? There isn't any in my area so I do not know if it's a police car (no camera) or a mobile camera unit.

BTW, the larger (non working) .gpi is definitely a size problem. I've reduced it down to around 120MB for the next build and it's working, yay!
    According to the mobile locations in my area (NY/NJ) they seem to be mobile cameras mounted in city vehicles. I checked some of the locations and I know there are not stationary cameras there.

Master

osiris4isis in Europe its mean policeman standing on the road (or hidden in the near bushes ) with handheld speed camera in his hands or on a tripod. This places mostly known by drivers reports at social media or by mobiles mapping apps (in Russia it can be Yandex map, or Waze).

I've resize and enhanced Cyclop icons (thanks Astx for the icons) but debating to use it or not. It looks nice and since size is only 24x24, I don't think putting speed on it will be readable. The SCDB icons with number is as clear as I can get it and I can just read it on 800x480 (but then I have poor eyes), so I'm debating to use it or not. So the question is this. Should I use just the icons to indicate the "class" of alerts and not care with the speed? If so, the choice is either the nice looking Cyclop like (to stick with the theme) or SCDB. If you think speed is nice to have in icons, the only choice will be SCDB. So it is
    1. Cyclop "class alerts"
    or
    2. SCDB "class alerts"
    or
    3. SCDB with speed

I prefer the nicer looking class alerts.

Built with Mapview and Streetview for Sept 3 2015 using Cyclop-like 24x24 icons
    Stats:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Spoiler: .

Exclusively on gspower.net so password is same.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 8th September 2015 at 02:10 PM.