Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Review What PC mapping software do you prefer

Hey, I am just starting to use Basecamp and oziexplorer to plan my 4x4ing, camping, shooting etc. and was wondering what others are using on their PC and why.
    Is there better software out there with better functions with the ability to access better mapping? OR works better between different software/GPS units.
    Would like to hear what PC software is out there and its usability.

Cheers
    Ant

2.    Advertissements

Important User What PC mapping software do you prefer
    What PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you prefer

It's not a piece of cake, still many issues and glitches, but Basecamp and Garmin maps, especially talking about Topo Maps are the best IMHO.
    BC gives you the option to choose which kind of activity profile you prefer and plan your routes, trails etc
    ActiveRouting in Topo Pro maps offers:
    Activity specific outdoor routing (customized and activity-specific route planning)
    Named trail routing (routing along a specific trail)
    Activity-specific map display.

Basecamp function:
    ◦Ability to read and use maps on connected devices
    ◦2D and 3D map views, no longer confined to 'North Up' orientation
    ◦Individual per-Route settings
    ◦Support for geo-tagged photos
    ◦Sync with multiple outdoor Garmin devices
    ◦Support for BirdsEye satellite imagery maps
    ◦Direct access to view GPSr data in Google Earth
    ◦Ability to create and import your own Custom Maps
    ◦Persistent database model allowing flexible and intuitive database organization.

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Smile

Hi Bullant,

I was hoping someone was going to answer your question also but no one yet. I've just joined so haven't had a chance to look at other threads. It's probably already been answered which may be why no one has replied. As a new member I too want be able to put a some good gps software on my Kenwood in Dash Radio in my Ford Ranger so I can plot first on my computer and then transfer it to the mini SD that fits into the Kenwood. I can tell you the MudMaps App allows you to plot on your puter first which then transfers to your phone (iPhone in my case) but that doesn't help me with the Ken in Dash unit. That's why I've found myself here as I like the idea of having one gps map that does all roads including small 4wd tracks. Anyway, atm my iPhone 5 does the 4wd maps for me and come Xmas I'll have an iPhone 6+ which being bigger will be so much better. Still, I'm greedy when it comes to maps so topo maps as well as other type maps showing where I am as well as giving directions will give me exactly what I'm after. cheers stacka.

ps: I must have scrolled past the first reply. My apologies.
    Last edited by Stacka; 14th August 2015 at 01:44 AM.

Important User What PC mapping software do you prefer
    What PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you preferWhat PC mapping software do you prefer

A good rule in forum is to read the whole thread before posting

sent with my phone
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600