Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member +

help Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600

Hy,
    I have two kmz maps of Greece from ANAVASI :
    - zagori 22Mo
    - olimbos 26.3Mo

I copied both of them in the right custommaps subdirectory either in a SD card in the slot of my laptop or only one on a microSD plugged in the PS OREGON (and the other on another microSD) - same subdirectory (x:\garmin\custommaps\)

With BC, no problem, I can see-select and read all of them whatever could be the sd card. I am using too Greece_Anadigit vectorial map and with BC I can see both of the maps (the img and the kmz) with transparency.

But the Oregon disconected of the laptop I cannot see-select-configure none of the kmz maps. A friend of mine who owns a Garmin-62S told me he can select and read the kmz but only one at once, not if two kmz maps are copied alltogether on the same sd card.

What is wrong with me and my Oregon ?
    Thks

2.    Advertissements

Important User Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600
    Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600

Oregon 6xx lets you have multiple custom maps on sd card (x:\Garmin\CustomMaps\)
    and/or in memory and turn on just one custom map or any combo or all custom maps. All custom maps together can have up to 500 tiles 1024 x 1024 images. On 62 all of the custom maps on the sd card and in memory are either all on or all off. The limit on 62 is a total of 100 tiles.

Spoiler: guidelines to remember when creating Garmin Custom Maps

Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member +

raster

hy, the trick is that I cannot turn any custom map on because nothing appear at the setting screen for the Custom Maps. Even if I have only ONE kmz map on the sd card in the oregon and nothing in the internal memory of it.

Cathy you can have a look on the map here (like button):
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

unfortunatly the link [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] doesn't work
    Last edited by mayake; 29th May 2015 at 04:08 PM.

GPSPower Helper Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600

1. Rename "Greece zagori.kmz" to "Greecezagori.kmz" (no spaces between letters or numbers)
    2. Delete both custommaps folders from Oregon's internal memory and microSDcard
    3. Open Basecamp, right click "my Collection", click "New List Folder" and name the new folder "KMZ"
    4. Drag and drop "Greecezagori.kmz" on "KMZ" folder
    5. Connect your Oregon and wait for BC to load its data
    6. Drag and drop "Greecezagori.kmz" from "KMZ" folder on Oregon's "internal storage" and wait the copy process to finish
    BC has now created in Oregon's internal memory the CustomMaps folder and has copied your .kmz file inside
    7. Close BC, disconnect your Oregon, turn it on and zoom in very close, for example at Skamneli to see your kmz map

If you don't see it yet, try again all the above, using the kmz below, it's the same but I've saved it in Google Earth.
    Your kmz is OK, only 63 tiles, the jpg's dimensions are smaller than 1024x1024 (971x1017 or 971x1018) and their size is less than 3MB.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by x-trail; 29th May 2015 at 06:36 PM.

The original map worked in the SD card of my Oregon 450 without renaming the file, but the map only shows up on the Oregon below 2 mile zoom scale.

(It did take 2 attempts at copy and paste. On the first try, the map didn't show up on the Select Maps screen, but on the second try all was OK).

GPSPower Helper Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600

Attention!!!
    When you connect a "custom KMZ map" compatible device to Basecamp and you use a kmz map from your device and change its "Draw Order" (or ...opacity) in Basecamp, then this "new" Draw Order is automatically updated in your device (is written in the doc.kml file inside your kmz file).
    Garmin says the kmz's Draw Order to be 0 (zero) so that the kmz map is drawn under all other routable map elements.
    So use the same kmz file but in "My Collection" instead of your device, or before you close BC and disconnect your device, check that the device's kmz Draw Order is again set to zero (bottom).

Member +

Hy Xtrail, thks for your explantions but no way for me. But I'm getting mad!
    I've done exactly what you wrote, I've tried all the possibilities :
    either internal memory or the microSD in the Oregon
    either the original kmz file or the GE backup

In the map configuration of custommaps setting the kmz does not appear with a name (nothing, blank), and the map once activated it never appears to the screen. I've nothing else saved on memories except some tracks for the test.

Thks for any help
    J.
    Last edited by mayake; 30th May 2015 at 01:18 PM.

Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600Problem to see kmz map with Oregon 600

Use a new profile for kmz maps, enable these maps only in it, O600 use different draw order than nuvis or other outdoor devices (the order maps are drawn on the screen)

more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Member +

On the Oregon with the device's kmz Draw Order set to zero, no CustomMap shown up on the screen, nothing to select and activate
    ???

Does O600 sees that sd ? Try with another map, for example an .img.
    l9ebnsm