Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

Question Problem with Garmin IMG maps on a Kenwood DNX520VBT unit

Hi,
    I have the Kenwood DNX520VBT unit in my VW Golf MK5 2007 model, and I am very thankful of this forum because you all helped me to update the old maps it already had when I bought it on 2010.

My problem is now that I download the Auto Drive Hellas 2.20T IMG map and loaded in my unit via the microSD card (as I always did with previous versions) it doesn't show up correctly as you can see from the screenshots:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Do I do anything wrong? I tried the unicode version as well and it does the same thing!
    Please help me!!!

2.    Advertissements

Navigation software expert Problem with Garmin IMG maps on a Kenwood DNX520VBT unit
    Problem with Garmin IMG maps on a Kenwood DNX520VBT unit

Did you use an unlocked map file or the original one ?

I used the unlocked map img as I did with the previous versions.

Navigation software expert Problem with Garmin IMG maps on a Kenwood DNX520VBT unit
    Problem with Garmin IMG maps on a Kenwood DNX520VBT unitProblem with Garmin IMG maps on a Kenwood DNX520VBT unitProblem with Garmin IMG maps on a Kenwood DNX520VBT unit

@ta6ape

Do you have Hellas and CN NT 2010.20 on SD card in folder Garmin,or one map is in internal memory and other on SD card?
    How do you rename map?

The "CN Europe NT 2010.20" you see un-ticked on the screenshot is the preloaded map on the internal memory of the unit (I leave it untouched), and the Auto Drive Hellas you see is the one I put in the microSD card (which I rename to "gmapsupp.img" because the unit does not recognize it if I leave it as "gmapprom.img" when I download it).

That's how I do it 2 years now with any new version of Auto Drive Hellas!
    Last edited by ta6ape; 17th January 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Does anyone know if there is any solution for the incompatibility of newer map version of AutoDrive Hellas with the Kenwood DNX-520VBT and DNX-5260BT ???
    On the website of AutoDrive Hellas it states -that if we have these specific models- to call Kenwood Hellas but there is no way to find them on the phone! Did anyone with this problem had any solution from Kenwood Hellas???

Problem with Garmin IMG maps on a Kenwood DNX520VBT unit

There's a special version for these devices, it's nonNT and with Greek characters. Latest version release is 4.00, like the classic version of the map ...