Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Important User HERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latest
    HERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latest

Quote Originally Posted by catymag View Post
    May be it uses OSM data for such countries ?
    Could be. If it does then it must specified OSM copyright noticed when using map right?

2.    Advertissements

Member + HERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latest

Nokia - Here use ONLY Nokia - Here maps. If some one read "use of terms" inside the program, can proof of this.

Why we have this delay ? Because there are over 140 maps and the company has to test them, one by one before give us one country. Here has beta testers all over the world. There are 3 to 5 zones of popular countries and with this theory they test, before the maps publish. Of course "Turn-by-turn guidance" has to test it, separately.

Here has a lot of problems to solve. And the most difficult is the 100% of application working to all the smartphone, all the platforms Win - iOS -Android

HERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latest

Quote Originally Posted by lneam View Post

Here has a lot of problems to solve. And the most difficult is the 100% of application working to all the smartphone, all the platforms Win - iOS -Android
    Why I wouldnt switch to Here in my opinion:

1. Most important, lack of speedcams support (not even if you want to pay for)
    2. Lack of the most common important features like Lane Assist and, less important IMHO, Junction View which anyway are a standard nowadays.
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

2. Lack of the most common important features like Lane Assist and, less important IMHO, Junction View which anyway are a standard nowadays.
    Here, has already this knowledge from feedback and they said : we are working to add these options in the near future.
    I am also waiting .....

HERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latestHERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS up to latest

Yep, all of the above are lacking. Also lack of "open source" access or "hackers" to create skins and improve proggy. Nokia HERE proggy strong points is availability of it's HERE maps. Although not being able to download it from PC and saved for later use is a pain in the butt. Nokia HERE strong rating is from a lot of clueless users who think "off line" GPS that's "free" is the best since they've been using google map But when compared to others proggies like iGO, Navigon, Street Pilot, it's lagging behind.
    Last edited by osiris4isis; 21st March 2015 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Although not being able to download it from PC and saved for later use is a pain in the butt.
    Yes, but ...

If you have download maps to phone, copy them to PC. I have notice, if we uninstall the application the maps folder still exits for a feature new install. Maybe, this is a solution

Quote Originally Posted by lneam View Post
    Yes, but ...

If you have download maps to phone, copy them to PC. I have notice, if we uninstall the application the maps folder still exits for a feature new install. Maybe, this is a solution
    So map data only goes away if you 'Clear Data' before uninstalling? Also location of map is very obscured, I found it once and the map data is not organized in any fashion. Looks like the files are tiles with hex value naming (this is bad because what if I only want to save one state or country)

If you 'Clear Data' before uninstalling you will clear only the root foder, data\data\ ...... dots is nokia here folder name.
    It's only visible for root devices.

I have tried to remove one or more countries that I had download from inside the application, but after that, with a file manager the GB data was the same. No mater what the user do, remove the application or manual delete from inside the application the maps still exits. The next problem is what folder I must remove? With this "clever" folder name coding, the user is very difficult to find the right one. That's another bug from HERE.

About the maps backup, as I told it's not the perfect solution, but if you know the countries you have download, you can backup all of them to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by osiris4isis View Post
    Looks like the files are tiles with hex value naming (this is bad because what if I only want to save one state or country)
    This is happening because Here wants the application works also like Google maps. The user ability to download a small area he needs instead of a entire country. This practical saves the big download mobile data for users

what's about route planning algorithm? for me the best is tom-tom

I have an ASUS Fonepad 7 , Android 4.4.2
    Trying to download HERE from market, I have a message saying that my unit is not compatible with the current version of software.
    Any experience on that?
    Thanks a lot
    Amedeo