Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lolypop000 View Post
    On nuvi create empty folder and add name Garmin
    Turn off nuvi
    turn on nuvi
    Run webupdater or GE and you can download all files.
    =( I see only Voices, Venicle....not see Help, Keyboards and another folders ready to download in WebUpdater...

2.    Advertissements

Garmin/GPS Systems GMod. Nuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions Summary
    Nuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions Summary

@Castus
    Here are all the other necessary files from an NA 3597. Extract directly to root of your nuvi: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You'll also need to add a basemap to .System folder. Download V5.01 from here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. If you aren't offered TZ map by WU/GE [it should be offered though], you can dl V15 here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    @Castus
    Here are all the other necessary files from an NA 3597. Extract directly to root of your nuvi: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You'll also need to add a basemap to .System folder. Download V5.01 from here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. If you aren't offered TZ map by WU/GE [it should be offered though], you can dl V15 here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].
    Thank you so much!

Look, i see Pictures folder...what is it?! I can see photos on my 3597 if i will create that folder?!
    Last edited by Castus; 25th October 2014 at 11:48 AM.

Nuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions SummaryNuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions Summary

Sorry, you can't use Picture Viewer on 3597 afaik. That file was from my 3590 after unsuccessfully trying to enable additional features in 3597 such as Picture Viewer, MP3 Player & Video Player. Just delete that folder, i included it by accident.
    'Thanking Posts' are banned. To thank someone, and/or to see hidden links and content, use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button below left of the helpful post then refresh your browser [F5 key]. 'Thanking Posts' are banned.
    Please don't spam. Posts serving no purpose other than to thank or to ask about hidden links are trashed or deleted, it's GPSPower's policy. Please don't spam.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should make their first post as a new Intro Thread in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ].

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Castus View Post
    I can see photos on my 3597 if i will create that folder?!
    Yes, you can! But picture viewer starts only from hidden system menu

Quote Originally Posted by Astx View Post
    Yes, you can! But picture viewer starts only from hidden system menu
    And....? How i can do it? =)

Thx Astx. Forgot about that function still being there, it was present in early firmware but i thought only for user testing. It's a 'stripped-down' version of the 34/35x0 App which also allows you the 'Show at Startup' and 'Set as Wallpaper' functions. The hidden 3597 function only lets you 'Delete' or 'View Slideshow'. Strange Garmin didn't add it to the Apps menu. Neither my NA 3597 or a friend's AU 3597 had the Pictures folder as OEM and of course there's no mention of Picture Viewer in the 35x7 manual [that i've found anyway] or indeed unsurprisingly no mention of the hidden menu behind the Speedo so it's not intended for normal users to access.

@Castus
    On the map page, touch the speed field>Press and hold in centre of Speedometer for several seconds to reach the Diagnostics Page, then scroll down to and touch Picture Viewer. I haven't tried adding custom jpeg files, but you may have to respect certain picture size.

GPSPower Helper Nuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions Summary
    Nuvi 35x7 35x8 Software Versions Summary

October 22, 2014
    Updates & Downloads

nuvi 35x7 and 35x8 (GCD File) software version 4.60

HTML Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    Use Garmin Express to install this file, or manual install:
    Download (61.14 MB):
    HTML Code:

Changes made from version 4.50 to 4.60:

Improved traffic reception in Russia.
    DriveLuxe50, Nuvi 2689, Etrex 30x, Epix, VivoActive HR.

Master

With Europe 2015.40 NTU now Garmin release firmware for nuvi 35x7 and 35x8 (GCD File) software version 4.70

Code:
    Changes made from version 4.60 to 4.70:

Added support for calculating longer routes.
    Added support for the Farsi language.
    Fixed display layout and text formatting issues.
    Improved search functions.
    Improved ASR.
    Improved map display performance in heavy traffic situations.
    Updated translations.
    Added the ability to delete multiple trips using a checklist.
    Improved software stability.

Master

nuvi 35x7 and 35x8 (GCD File) software version 5.00
    as of June 30, 2015
    (61.29 MB)

Change History

Changes made from version 4.80 to 5.00:
    ◦ Improved search response times in certain scenarios.
    ◦ We now prevent the unit from suspending when losing power if a phone call is in progress.
    ◦ Fixed an issue that prevented incoming phone calls from being announced while panning the map.
    ◦ Fixed an issue that caused searches near 'My Active Route' to include distant results.
    ◦ Fixed an issue that caused the Trip Data map tool to show the current time incorrectly between 12 AM and 1 AM.
    ◦ Fixed an issue that caused the Weather map tool to show the current temperature as -2147483648.
    ◦ Fixed an issue that could prevent the Where I've Been app from recording some trip segments.
    ◦ Improved the display of Arabic text.
    ◦ Fixed issues with the Fleet Management Interface.
    ◦ Improved software stability.

Code:
    Code: