Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    maury22

That installation system works ONLY on KitKat 4.4.X with Root and Lollipop 5 (which no longer has writing limitation for the External SD Card (micro card) !
    Doesn't work on devices with KitKat without Root !

For KK 4.4.X (that have External SD), the installation of the original software (1.3.2 or 1.4.0 Apk) is automatically made in the ANDROID > DATA folder,
    and creates this path:

ANDROID / DATA / COM.TOMTOM / FILES / FILES <<<< This is the ONLY original Tomtom folder (that contains maps etc....)
    This is the only way to install the TomTom on devices with KK 4.4.X without having made Root

The "disappearance" of the metadata.xml (for unknown reasons ...), happens if the Tomtom folder is in Internal Memory or on External SD Card (micro card). It can occur in both cases......
    Only remedy is that of recopy it in the right folder.....

To conclude:
    the error : "unable to connect" occurs if the path is not right or for Metadata.xml disappearance.
    Last edited by maury22; 2nd March 2015 at 02:12 PM.

2.    Advertissements

I managed to install Tomtom on a Huawei Mate running Android 4.4.2 KitKat AFTER changing in Settings ->Memory ->Standard Location ->SD-Card and reboot.

maury22

Yes, with many Huawei devices, must do so in order to use TomTom on Esternal SD (micro) Card.......

i'm always not success doing this

Quote Originally Posted by gpvecchi View Post
    This solved for me: inside metadata, after the </download>, set <size>0</size>...
    this didnt work for me

Quote Originally Posted by brasluso View Post
    Working perfectly in my rooted Samsung Note 3 Lollipop 5.0 (Poland release). I did exactly like your instructions and it worked flawlessly. I even paid for the pro version of FolderMount to transfer the files of photos and other huge "things" to the SDCard. But it is important to say that the stuff is really transferred to the external memory though its structure persists in the internal memory, which can be easily seen when we compare the sizes of the internal and external memory after the FolderMount finishes its work. Another remark is that when it seems to be frozen before we can validate the transfer of data, FolderMount is moving the content to the external memory, which in my case, meant a significant amount of seconds. Thank you very much for the sharing of this brilliant and simple app.
    best solution. I have buyed also the pro version of folder mount

Hello which installation is valid for Lollipop 5.0.2 without memorycard? (oneplus one)

i can't solve unable to connect error.

qiankun620

???
    phone model
    android versión
    apk+map
    Last edited by thunword; 1st June 2015 at 07:16 PM.

I can't solve unable to connect error on my Galaxy Tab 3