Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Echomap: map format not supported?

Hi guys,
    Looking for a little help. I have a echomap 70dv and when I try to insert a Trakmap marine card I get a "map format not supported" but when I try it on another unit of the same model (echomap 70dv) it works fine... both units running the same firmware version so I'm a little confused. any ideas?

Ps: If I try a different card "bluechart" it works of both.

Are the map files themselves a different format? both image files are named gmapsupp.img so I'm not sure whats happening.

2.    Advertissements

Important User Echomap: map format not supported?
    Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?

Edit: I've read there is a weird bug in these devices firmware.
    OSM Opensea maps and probably others don't display.
    242d6xh

It can happen firmware corruption when updating software from 3.60, 3.70, or 3.80 to 4.00 and higher. You must downgrade to 3.40 then update directly to 4.20

Source:
    Code:
    Please Login or Register to see the links
    l9ebnsm
    You have to navigate to get to the good.

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Nice thanks for that catymag but the issue is still present on firmware version 4.20 (the latest) and Garmin's website doesn't seem to offer the older firmware to downgrade. There's obviously an issue here since many claims are popping up now. I've emailed Garmin about the issue and will post a solution if I get one.

Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?

The problem is that if you updated from 3.40 to 3.60 it corrupted your firmware and the bug is persistent in following firmware, to solve you must downgrade to 3.40 and upgrade directly to the latest firmware to solve the issue.
    l9ebnsm

Galaxy S5 Kitkat 4.4.2 / Nuvi1200->1250 / Nuvi3790T->34xx / Nuvi 2200 / Nuvi 66 / Oregon 600

Navigation software expert

Echomap: map format not supported?

May be this discussion on
    Code:
    will help.
    Last edited by Neil; 17th February 2015 at 07:11 AM. Reason: coded other forum link.

@zhrd
    Yes it's the same thread I linked above, do you have sw 3.40? May you upload it?
    l9ebnsm

Navigation software expert

Echomap: map format not supported?

Catymag, you right and I was blind. No, I don't have any sw 3.40.

Thanks np, I hope someone else will upload it or hard to downgrade
    l9ebnsm

Navigation software expert Echomap: map format not supported?
    Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?Echomap: map format not supported?

Here you can download version 3.40:

Spoiler: Echomap v3.40
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.

Click on rihgt blue button where is writen 289.33Mb
    If you wish, you can [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thanks loly
    instructions for downgrading sw here:
    Code:
    Echomap v3.40 sw mirror:
    This post requires you to click the "LIKE this post" button and hit F5 to read this content.
    Last edited by catymag; 18th February 2015 at 12:41 AM. Reason: added mirror
    l9ebnsm