Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Member + iGO on Android kitkat (install in 4.4.2 device non Rooted) notakwak's Avatar

Why you write this when I know its for rooted phones? I did say my phone is rooted.

Options mate also some may be rooted and getting the message I was getting not realising a simple root is not guaranteed to let to write to SD.
    Last edited by Boki; 27th May 2018 at 10:02 PM.

2.    Advertissements

maury22

FOR SDFIX here's what is written on Google Play:

*** REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS ***

Android 4.4 KitKat removes your ability to write files to the MicroSD card (on phones/tablets that have both internal memory and user-installed MicroSD cards). NextApp SDFix restores this ability by modifying a configuration file. As this app changes a system configuration file, it requires root access.

WARNING! PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING:
    ---------------------------------------
    * THIS APP REQUIRES ROOT ACCESS. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL THE APP.
    Last edited by maury22; 13th January 2015 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by notakwak View Post
    Why you write this when I know its for rooted phones? I did say my phone is rooted.

Options mate also some may be rooted and getting the message I was getting not realising a simple root is not guaranteed to let to write to SD.
    If your phone is rooted, edit and modify platform.xml, you don't need to install other apps.

GPSPower Helper iGO on Android kitkat (install in 4.4.2 device non Rooted)
    iGO on Android kitkat (install in 4.4.2 device non Rooted)

For NO ROOT phone, you have to put iGO folder on internal and map, poi, dem, building on SD .
    You can't put on SD folders : save, speedcam, userpoi.

For example, on LG L70, I add in sys.txt:
    [folders]
    has_secondary_root=1
    android_secondary_root_path="/storage/external_SD/addons"
    addons="/storage/external_SD/addons"

Spoiler: SD Structure

2v7tcmt
    Last edited by costas3850; 13th January 2015 at 11:42 AM.

Master

I need help in trying to install iGO Primo on Kitkat 4.4.2 I have Samsung S4 Mini (un-rooted), I have read the above tutorial and I am having no success in installing this app. I have uninstalled the cleared the previous version as per this post [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. After installing iGO_Israel_9.6.29.427562_proper_kk_dj.apk and when I start the app I get the following error, see picture below:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I have installed the files as per post [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and I have had no success. I have also tried other igo Primo versions and all of them give me the same error as shown in the picture

Please can anyone advise how to get this working.

Many Thx

I do have Samsung s4 mini KitKat 4.4.2, non rooted, and have the Primo 9.6.29.427562 installed (however I do not remember anymore exactly which apk).
    I installed as described in post 6 and it works completely with speedcams, TMC and all "eye candy" (3D, dimka skin ...) !! (No TTS however, suitable TTS voice missing/not found yet)
    And yes, I know you replied in post 7 my method don't work for you.

maury22

@ De5i

Have you read the previous post to yours?
    If yes, the paths are correct (for your device)?

The correct path for the external SD card is important, you need to replace,exemple," /storage/external_SD/addons" with the exact location of your device, observe upper and lower case....(CASE SENSITIVITY !)

Spoiler: CASE SENSITIVITY
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by maury22; 29th January 2015 at 07:23 PM.

Master

I had this working on v9.6.22.290143, I uninstalled this version tried to installing v9.6.29.427562 and when I did this I get error as shown in post #15. it look like I may have to reset the device and try again as no matter what version I install i get the same error. My path names for the sdcard are correct. I just dont understand why it keeps giving me the same error.
    Last edited by Boki; 27th May 2018 at 10:02 PM.

I took a closer look at the message (picture is a bit small for my old eyes, by the way) and I do feel that the error message pops up because Primo tries to access the external SD to write on it.
    As I wrote before, I have in my sys.txt

android_secondary_root_path = "/storage/extSdCard/iGO"
    content = "/storage/extSdCard/iGO/content"

The name "extSdCard" points to the external (physical) SD on my s4 mini.

The save folder and the sys.txt should be in the main folder in internal memory. Are they? Then why you get the pop up pointing to "extSdCard"??
    Maybe you took the wrong APK or started the APK from SD (and I from internal memory)?

Master

@G-ulash,

I have the following in my sys.txt file:

[folders]
    linked_root_list="/storage/extSdCard/iGO /storage/sdcard2/iGO /sdcard2/iGO /sdcard/external_sd/iGO /ext_card/iGO /mnt/_ExternalSD/iGO /mnt/emmc/iGO /mnt/extern_sd/iGO /mnt/external_sd/iGO /mnt/exsdcard/iGO /mnt/ext_card/iGO /mnt/ext_sd/iGO /mnt/extsd/iGO /mnt/extSdCard/iGO /mnt/sdcard/_ExternalSD/iGO /mnt/sdcard/external_sd/iGO /mnt/sdcard/ExtStorages/iGO /mnt/sdcard/extStorages/SdCard/iGO /mnt/sdcard2/iGO /storage/sdcard1/iGO /storage/sdcard0/iGO /storage/iGO /sdcard/sd/iGO /mnt/sdcard-ext/iGO /mnt/sdcard/sd/iGO /mnt/sd/iGO /mnt/sdcard/iGO /mnt/iGO /sdcard/iGO /storage/sdcard1/iGO /mnt/sdcard1/iGO /mnt/ext/SdCard/iGO /storage/ext/SdCard/iGO /storage/emulated/0/iGO"
    has_secondary_root=1
    android_secondary_root_path="/storage/extSdCard/iGO"
    content="/storage/extSdCard/iGO/content"

The save and sys.txt is on internal memory in iGO folder. I have the following files on the internal memory within the iGO folder:
    iGO
    content
    debug
    font
    gfx
    license
    save
    ui_android
    ux
    data.zip
    sys.txt

I installed the APK both from internal memory and external memory it makes no difference I still get the error as detailed in post #15.